SMS group Inc Washington, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Quality Inspector - Will work with all departments of the work shop to ensure accuracy of incoming and outgoing parts.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will
- Is a safety minded worker who is drug free and dependable with an excellent attendance record
- Reports and/or corrects all unsafe conditions immediately
- Reports any safety incidents prior to the end of the shift
- Mentors other employees as needed
- Performs cleaning, grinding, painting, hydrostatic testing, flame testing and all related tasks to buildings, equipment, components, subassemblies, and/or molds
- Performs simple disassembly and assembly work
- Performs clean up, removal of trash, coolant, oil, scrap, chips, etc.
- Moves equipment and parts using the fork truck, crane, or other material handling equipment
- Assists other employees as directed by management or group leaders
- Completes forms, router and related paperwork
- Keeps work area, tools and equipment clean and orderly
- Performs grit blasting, powder coating, operates the tool crib and completes all related tasks
- Performs a variety of non-destructive tests; takes measurements, records conformance/nonconformance, on first piece, in process and upon final inspection Reviews procedures, layouts, templates, jigs, incoming parts, assemblies and related tasks
All other assigned duties
What you’ll need
- Hazard Recognition - knows/understands hazards of the job assignments before starting a job
- Communication - effectively communicates with other employees
- Advanced Measuring - use various complex measuring devices and gauges as required
- Blueprint Reading - interprets drawings
- Cranes - lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, performs daily crane inspections, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Forklift - drive safely, load and unload, refuel, perform daily forklift inspections
- Work from bills of material, purchasing lists, shipping documents and parts/shop supplies
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Reading/Writing skills (literacy) as required
- Mathematics - Knows advanced shop math and other functions necessary for the job
- Completes the SMS group New Employee Orientation
- Completes OSHA General Industry 10 Hour Course
- Reviews and assists with development of all job related JSA's/Work Instructions
- Completes the SMS group Crane and Rigging Training
- Complete the SMS group Forklift Operator Training
- Completes Basic ISO Training
- Completes all training and education deemed necessary by management
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.