Product Specialist - Process Lines
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the overall growth and success of the Process Lines Product Line. The product specialist has direct contact with the customers; the SMS group Inc. – workshops and engineering; and the SMS Group GmbH (Germany) workshop. The Product Specialist needs to have an entrepreneurial mindset, focusing on market growth and product enhancement.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
What you'll do
- Directly contacts customers with the assistance of SMS group Inc. key account sales personnel
- Creates an open dialog with customers to seek out current Process Line issues & develop solutions utilizing SMS Group technical resources
- Obtains RFQ’s from customers and presents them to SMS group Inc. internal resources to be processed and assists in preparing the final proposal to the customer
- Presents final proposal to the customer and answers technical and commercial questions
- Onsite assessment of process line equipment
- Onsite installation and supervision of process line service projects
- Technical interface with customers to assist in any operational questions that arise
- Project management of open process line projects
- Works directly with SMS group GmbH (Germany) to assist in preparation of customer proposals
- Works directly with SMS group Inc. technical services and engineering to solve process line issues such as equipment failures, equipment life and operational improvements, modernizations, etc.
- Works directly with SMS group Inc. workshops for process rebuilds and repairs
- Project management of all new and rebuild process line service projects
What you’ll need
- Mechanical engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in process lines.
- Installation & field service experience is a plus.
- Experience with process line components is also a plus.
- Strong background in process line equipment maintenance and operations.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to interpret mechanical and fluid power drawings & lubrication schematics.
- Ability to work with multiple departments within the SMS group.
- Strong confidence to communicate with customers and onsite subcontractors frequently.
- Domestic travel and limited International travel required.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.
SMS group Inc
BusinessView all jobs at SMS group Inc