Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will work with management to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of cost, performance, standardization, quality, and preventive and predictive maintenance. Evaluate and analyze current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
What you'll do
- Collect, monitor and analyze data to identify opportunities that reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Facilitate and lead the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Develop standard procedures and policies to be followed at the plant locations.
- Train and guide resources as needed.
- Assist plant managers in management of capital projects.
- Prepare project presentations for management when needed.
- Review and update business procedures and documents based on project requirements
- Implement lean manufacturing and 5-S principles to the process to promote improvements
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, communication and influencing skills to drive sustained change
- Must be able to work effectively in both a corporate office environment as well as on the workshop floor.
- Some Travel will be required
What you'll need
- BS degree in engineering, industrial engineering preferred
- Strong Internship/Co-Op experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of steel producing equipment, steel production, welding and/or machining preferred
- Solid attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines, effectively prioritize, self-manage and work independently at times;
- Capability to balance projects and tasks in a fast-paced setting;
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven success in building and maintaining effective working partnerships across all areas.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- AutoCAD and or SOLIDWORKS capability a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.
SMS group Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at SMS group Inc