SMS Staffing Gurnee, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SMS Solutions Inc is Hiring Immediately. Are you looking for growth in an organization? Come join the SMS team! Payroll Specialists will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay, after completion of an eligibility period. It takes more than top-notch facilities, modern equipment, and innovative technologies to become our customer’s most trusted supplier. It takes people who are committed to our customer’s success and who are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right.
- Provides service to assigned departments.
- Answers policy and procedure questions.
- Investigates and resolves complex payroll problems according to FLSA, State Wage and Labor Code, INS and IRS regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Trains department coordinators in the use of on-line applications as needed.
- Performs on-line processing of payroll check requests and distributes all monthly and bi-weekly payrolls to departments.
- Processes termination documents and final checks.
- Pulls checks and advice slips for special routing or handling.
- Sorts, prioritizes, reviews for accuracy and processes incoming payroll/personnel documents.
- Audits I-9 documents to ensure compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) requirements.
- Follows up on problem I-9's.
- Prepares and processes payroll documents for non-resident aliens in accordance with Federal INS and IRS regulations.
- Updates system according to tax treaties and keeps home department informed of all tax treaty changes.
- Processes new-hire packages, exceptions, transfers and promotions.
- Inputs information to online system to establish taxation status.
- Researches missing documentation or discrepancies.
- Processes, verifies and updates direct deposit applications, pre-notifications and changes in check depositions.
- Responsible for pre-note and EFT live dollar transmissions to originating bank.
- Reviews departmental on-line hand drawn checks for compliance to company policies and procedures prior to check signature.
- Processes all stop payment orders through on-line system.
- Re-issues all stop checks.
- Maintains records and statistics for all general payroll processes, such as IRCA, direct deposit, stop payments, bank reconciliations.
- Maintains and updates the Payroll User's Guide and distributes to all User Guide owners.
- Prepares periodic reports for management on matters such as the number and nature of problems with returned documents.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SMS Staffing