Regional Director Of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Growing energy efficiency company delivering wholistic residential and commercial program management solutions for public utility and municipal clients and their customers throughout the country, is seeking a Regional Director of Operations to manage multiple utility partner programs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the delivery, continuous improvement, and growth of demand side energy efficiency programs including staff and resource management to achieve client and program efficiency and financial goal, as well as participation on the Senior Leadership team and other cross-functional teams as required.
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Excellent health, dental, optical, and life insurance benefit program, with a significant portion of premium paid by the company.
• 401K Match Program
• Company sponsored training and a Tuition Reimbursement program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading Efficiency Solutions specific to the Solutions for Energy Efficient Logistics (SEEL) business partnership, in a world-class manner ensuring operational success and department growth that aligns with the company’s strategic goals and client satisfaction metrics
- Manage teams and individuals in a high-performance fashion creating a performance-oriented, values-based culture and esprit de corps
- In managing SEEL Operations, you and your teams will be responsible for: Planning, executing, and managing a number of diverse utility residential energy efficiency programs specific to SEEL. Managing program deliverables and reporting requirements in a timely fashion that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Coordinating with Strategy and Innovation (S&I) to plan and implement program pilots. As part of a coordinated team approach, develop go-to-market plans for SEEL products and services. Work with S&I to oversee stage gate reviews and structuring functions to ensure value propositions of all stakeholders are well understood. Oversee development and management of project work plans, resource budgets, client reports, and communication plans
- Finalizing program contract and scopes of work budget including but not limited to the writing and/or review of proposals to determine profit & loss feasibility, labor costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements to meet business unit and company goals
- Utilizing project management skills to lead project selection, scoping, defining, and reviewing to ensure alignment with business vision and strategy
- Establish, manage and meet both short-term and long-term financial targets, oversee program budgets and contracts, staffing levels, rates, and profitability
- Manage organizational growth and risk through the adoption of thorough, efficient operational procedures including status reporting, staff meetings, operations reviews and dashboards, and key performance indicators
- Oversee development and management of project work plans, resource budgets, client reports, and communication plans
- Acquire, lead, train, develop and retain team leaders, project managers, and technical talent to ensure consistent quality delivery of the company’s business line solutions
- Budget Forecasting (revenue)
- Represent program operations as part of the Operations Team and will also participate in the Senior Leadership Team
- Contribute to cross-departmental key strategic initiatives and be responsible for process improvements within their business line
- Partner with shared service teams including Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, IT and the Strategy group to cohesively implement high-value programs to support our strategic growth
- Coordination and partnering with department across the company; marketing on program and product strategy, IT on program tools and systems to support the client and internal operation, Research and Policy
- Performs related work as required
- 10-30% travel is expected
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years of experience.
- Note Bachelor’s and 7 years’ experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or electric technologies concepts, practices, and procedures or related field acceptable also.
- Certified Energy Manager highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and directing others including cross-functional and matrix-managed teams is mandatory
- Experience managing P&L and/or departmental budgets and have demonstrated ability to manage programs and products on time, on budget, in scope
- Adept at managing client relationships, preferably with utility client experience, at the Director and Vice President (or higher) levels
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work in diverse and matrixed organizations and has proven ability to successfully work with cross-functional teams and departments
- Demonstrated success in team leadership and management with a proven track record of successfully implementing change within an organization
- Demonstrated operational experience
- Strong financial and project management acumen
- Strong consulting-oriented skills and strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong planning, implementation, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new opportunities
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to pass the background check and drug test
SMS Group of Companies
BusinessView all jobs at SMS Group of Companies