Operator 3rd shift
SMS Group of Companies
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Position Title : Team member
3rd shift 10:30am-6:30pm Monday-Friday
$16.35 per hour
General Scope of Responsibilities:
The operator is responsible for:
1) Supporting production efforts throughout the plant, which may include material handling by means of using a forklift.
2) Ensuring the quality of the product including performing necessary quality checks.
3) Packaging finished product and accurately recording all information, and.
4) Being part of a team environment by helping others in the performance of their duties. (Such as participating in set-ups)
5) Become trained and qualified to be the back-up for the Team Leader when he is absent.
Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all plant work and safety rules.
- Ensure the product meets or exceeds customer and internal specifications.
- Perform all necessary quality control testing and record all data, accurately, as required.
- Package product in boxes or returnable containers/racks and accurately record all information on all necessary paperwork.
- Fill out product identification labels and make cartons.
- Continuously inspect product for defects.
- Work rotating work schedule and overtime as assigned
- Perform necessary housekeeping in work area.
- Responsibilities as needed and determined by Team Leader
Peripheral Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend all required meetings.
- Report and mitigate all unsafe conditions.
- Participate on assigned project/improvement teams, such as Kaizen events and Gemba walks.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and necessary.
- Speak in front of others to share lessons learned when requested.
- Write EHS Grams, maintenance work orders and suggestion when necessary (via Plex).
Team Member, continued
- Possess detailed observation skills including reading labels, work instructions, shippers, reports, and other documents.
- Bending, stooping, standing, walking, and reaching are required.
- Operate all levers and controls at workstation assigned.
- Must be able to concentrate continuously on task.
- Show initiative and ingenuity.
- Must be able to lift stacks of parts, not to exceed 25#, and if applicable, load individual parts on machine.
Education or Trade Knowledge Required:
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must be able to add, subtract, and solve simple process problems.
- Must be able to accurately read and use measuring devices such as a caliper or a tape measure.
- Must be able to successfully pass all OSHA/EPA required training courses.
- Must be able to read and understand simple work instructions.
- Must be able to understand and fulfill job duties in a timely manner as reviewed by supervisor.
- Basic motor skills
- High School Diploma
- This is a typical industrial environment utilizing moderately heavy equipment.
- The work environment at times can be dirty, hot, cold, dusty, noisy (85 DBS), and greasy, but is generally thought to be good.
- Workers may be exposed to hazards such as overhead hoists, stationary blades, utility knives, pinch points, lifting, extreme heat, hazardous chemicals, forklift traffic, high voltage, repetitive tasks, moving machine parts, fumes and heights.
- High degree of care and adherence to safety rules is necessary.
Interaction with others:
- Able to work and communicate within the work group.
- Able to work and communicate with supervisors and managers.
- Able to work and communicate with leaders.
SMS Group of Companies
ManufacturingView all jobs at SMS Group of Companies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?