Janitor 1st shift - Monroe
This position may require you to dust, sweep, shovel, mop, and or operate a fire hose. This position requires the cleaning building and or offices. You may also be expected to properly use and maintain any machines that you may be trained on. You may also be expected to work in hot, wet, and or dirty environments. Winter months may require you to shovel snow and salt walkways. You will also be expected to follow any and all safety measures and report any unusual conditions to your superior.
Former janitorial or light industrial cleaning experience is preferred but not required.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Occasional evening and or weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is 1099 no taxes being taking out - $640 per week.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Job Essential Functions
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Plant Cleaning Job Responsibilities
- Receive and follow all direction
- Sweep out coal
- Run walk behind machines
- Mop edges
- Squeegee as needed
- Shovel as needed
- Pick up any and all trash you come across
- Pay very close attention to your surroundings
- Keep the work area clean and presentable
- Clean out machines after use
- Be extremely aware of your surroundings
- Office job responsibilities
- Clean windows and doors
- Check and take out the trash
- Sweep and dust mop hallways
- Mop hallways
- Sweep and dust mop all other areas
- Mop all other areas
- Vacuum rugs
- Vacuum carpeted floors
- Sweep stairs
- Mop stairs
- Clean and sanitize the locker room
Licenses and Certifications
- None necessary but any are a positive
- Special Requirements
- Able to complete the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be able to walk distances up to ¼ mile on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift, bend, twist, stand, walk, and pull.
- Element exposure includes cold, hot, wet, and dirty.
- Attend Job-Related Training as required.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Submit your online application at www.smsgoc.com
SMS: Seeking exceptional people for remarkable opportunities.
SMS Group of Companies delivers creative HR Solutions for our industry allies in the Logistics / Supply Chain, Facilities / Property Management, Energy Efficiency, Quality Inspection, Advanced Manufacturing, and Hospitality industries. Our dedicated team of professionals manages the full cycle HR processes of administration, including sourcing, hiring, training, compensation of benefits, and all other employee relations. Apply at our Job Board at https://mycompas.net/smsgroupjobboard?rpid=TrnRIHWTvFw with a computer. Submit your online application at www.smsgoc.com
SMS Group of CompaniesMonroe, MI
WebsiteView All SMS Group of Companies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.