Growing Automotive Logistics and Quality Containment company seeking a proven Operations Manager in a Manufacturing environment to direct, coordinate - through subordinate personnel - execution of service delivery utilizing knowledge of throughput, inventory and operating expenses. Confers with staff to establish standards, controls, and budgets while maintaining optimum production and the utilization of human resources. Reviews and analyzes operational performance data for reports, both internal and external and identify abnormal situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide full operations and facility leadership of ALL Company automotive programs/projects
- Liaison with top internal and external management, assisting in the development of strategic plans for operational activity and implement and manage operational plans
- Lead business development initiatives to sustain long term business partners
- Direct and guide the need for change for the purpose of improving methods by the use of measurable standards, realistic goals and accountability for improvement
- Establish standards, controls, and budgets while maintaining optimum production
- 50% - 65% Travel to regional operations.
- Troubleshoot production and maintenance issues and immediately enacts contingency plans as needed
- Participates in making decisions and approvals to exercise control over vital elements of the organization and formulates such decisions based upon Company policy and other pertinent data
- Supervising, training, coaching, and counseling personnel
- Generate and present monthly/quarterly/Yearly reports to the executive management team
- Oversees daily activities of operations
- Bachelor's degree in industrial management, engineering or business administration or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in supervisory positions at progressively higher levels, preferably in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent
- Familiar with ISO standards, ISO certification preferred
- Knowledgeable of OSHA laws and other workplace safety best practices
- Leadership experience managing diverse teams of 50+ people and managing teams in multiple locations
- Experience in building and managing high-performance teams
- Experience with participating in RFQ and RFP processes
- Time Management
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Comfortable with managing complex processes
- Hands-on mentality, someone who is not afraid to jump in at any stage of a process when needed
- Travel frequently, 50%-75%
- Strong client service background
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify innovative business solutions
- Proficient in M/S Word, Excel
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
SMS Group of Companies
Why Work Here?SMS Group of Companies delivers creative HR Solutions for our industry allies in the Logistics / Supply Chain, Facilities / Property Management, Energy Efficiency, Quality Inspection, Advanced Manufacturing, , and Hospitality industries. Our dedicated team of professionals manages the full cycle HR process, including sourcing, hiring, compensation, and benefits administration, training, and employee relations. Apply at our Job Board at https://mycompas.net/smsgroupjobboard?rpid=TrnRIHWTvFw with a computer.
SMS: Seeking exceptional people for remarkable opportunities.