- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Manages continual process improvement/projects using best practice models for reporting financial results
- Leads the budgetary reporting and all general ledger postings and work
- Create and maintain project set up and program planning and reporting in Accounting System
- Program plan analysis; forecasting for profitability, cost benefits and resource management
- Prepare monthly financial statements and consolidated financial statements through the month-end close process within a tight deadline.
- Prepares break even analysis on all ventures
- Responsible for accuracy of the general ledger by managing/performing monthly account analysis and reconciliations and correcting discoveries.
- Analytic review of financials for Vice President of Finance and Owner Partners.
- Assist with planning and implementing smooth and effective accounting integration for acquisition initiatives.
- Understand and maintain the Company’s key internal controls and ensure they are being performed properly and timely. Modify/add controls as necessary to be more effective as changes within the business warrant.
- Close interaction with the reporting, budgeting and forecasting teams to ensure all objectives and requirements are being satisfied and making adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor development and improve policies and procedures for more efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting by utilizing originality and ingenuity.
- Keep up to date on changes in pertinent accounting rules and regulations and work with our CPA to perform GAAP research as required.
- Develops and gives presentations to assist in program delivery and execution.
- Drafts and delivers client reports and communications on a regular basis.
- Performs related work as required
- Superior knowledge of modern accounting practices and procedures
- Proven ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and be self-directed.
- Ability to work in cross-functional and matrix-managed teams to support management level finance goals.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Ability to make sound business decisions with minimal supervision and have high degree of self direction
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in preparing reports and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Skill in working multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of enterprise accounting software skills; training in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles “GAAP” and knowledge.
- Relies on pre-established guidelines, processes and/or procedures to perform job functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or Accounting; or related 3 – 5 years work experience
- MBA or CPA Certification preferred, and or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, abilities, and skills cited above
- Experience with working with Executive and Senior Management
- Proven leadership skills to motivate diverse teams.
- Adept at listening to gather clear and complete information, and disseminate to others through excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Solid judgment skills.
- Team player with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing work.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing activities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Successful experience developing and implementing processes.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Strong experience working with commercial and industrial customers and/or utility conservation organizations.
- Standard office hours are 800 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (8 hours between that time)
- Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on the weekend occurs occasionally and may be required
- Minimal travel
- Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among fellow employees.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in handwritten forms, and printed on paper
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 15 pounds
SMS Group of Companies
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SMS Group of Companies