- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking a proven Accounting Manager for the Finance Department is expected to manage and provide leadership within the accounting department for all of MCLJASCO’s (Parent Company) General Ledger and reporting functions for all programs. This position is based out of our Detroit Office. In this role, the position will report to the Vice President of Finance and will have a significant impact on the corporate financial reporting.
The Accounting Manager Position offers:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Excellent health, dental, optical, and life insurance benefit program, with a significant portion of premium paid by the company.
- 401K Match Program
- Company sponsored training and a Tuition Reimbursement program
The ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of complex technical and support services involving financial data entry into the general ledger, payroll and reporting function posting of entries and budget management. The Accounting Manager leads a team of up to ten members and helps to support the completion of their due dates and deadlines. This job includes creating, analyzing, and maintaining financial information for the organization.
- Manages continual process improvement/projects using best practice models for reporting financial results
- Leads the budgetary reporting and all general ledger postings and work
- Create and maintain project set up and program planning and reporting in Accounting System
- Program plan analysis; forecasting for profitability, cost benefits and resource management
- Prepare monthly financial statements and consolidated financial statements through the month-end close process within a tight deadline.
- Prepares break even analysis on all ventures
- Responsible for accuracy of the general ledger by managing/performing monthly account analysis and reconciliations and correcting discoveries.
- Analytic review of financials for Vice President of Finance and Owner Partners.
- Assist with planning and implementing smooth and effective accounting integration for acquisition initiatives.
- Understand and maintain the Company’s key internal controls and ensure they are being performed properly and timely. Modify/add controls as necessary to be more effective as changes within the business warrant.
- Close interaction with the reporting, budgeting and forecasting teams to ensure all objectives and requirements are being satisfied and making adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor development and improve policies and procedures for more efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting by utilizing originality and ingenuity.
- Keep up to date on changes in pertinent accounting rules and regulations and work with our CPA to perform GAAP research as required.
- Develops and gives presentations to assist in program delivery and execution.
- Drafts and delivers client reports and communications on a regular basis.
- Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior knowledge of modern accounting practices and procedures
- Proven ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and be self-directed.
- Ability to work in cross-functional and matrix-managed teams to support management level finance goals.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Ability to make sound business decisions with minimal supervision and have high degree of self direction
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in preparing reports and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Skill in working multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of enterprise accounting software skills; training in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles “GAAP” and knowledge.
- Relies on pre-established guidelines, processes and/or procedures to perform job functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or Accounting; or related 3 – 5 years work experience
- MBA or CPA Certification preferred, and or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, abilities, and skills cited above
- Experience with working with Executive and Senior Management
- Proven leadership skills to motivate diverse teams.
- Adept at listening to gather clear and complete information, and disseminate to others through excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Solid judgment skills.
- Team player with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing work.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing activities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Successful experience developing and implementing processes.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Strong experience working with commercial and industrial customers and/or utility conservation organizations.
- Standard office hours are 800 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (8 hours between that time)
- Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on the weekend occurs occasionally and may be required
- Minimal travel
- Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among fellow employees.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in handwritten forms, and printed on paper
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 15 pounds
Performance will be evaluated on the ability and effectiveness in completing the above responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
SMS Group of Companies
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SMS Group of Companies