We are seeking a Shipping Clerk to become an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
· Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
· Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
· Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
· Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
· Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
· Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
· Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
· Compiles records of unfilled orders.
· Posts weight and shipping charges.
· Prepares bills of lading.
· Issues written and oral instructions.
· Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
· Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
· Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
· Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills