ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Security Officer at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. The Security Officer participates in the day to day functions of securing, directing, and promoting security and safety in the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and the Global Center for Health Innovation. Provides direction, safety and security for any event related activity as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Secures premises, personnel and guests of the facility by patrolling property.
* Maintains a safe and calm environment through crowd control, monitoring of facility cameras, challenging and removing those who are uninvited or do not have business with the facility.
* Be knowledgeable about locations throughout the facility.
* Be courteous and helpful to all guests and co-workers.
* Conduct and document routine property walks around the building that will include:
* Patrol Service Corridors and employee break rooms
* Patrol Mechanical and electrical rooms to assure doors are locked
* Patrol Event Halls and Pre-function Areas
* Control flow of truck traffic during move in and move out on loading dock
* Perform routine patrols inside and outside perimeter rounds.
* Restrict access to nonevent personnel or employees
* Direct people and trucks to relevant event places
* Locks and unlocks facility doors during routine patrols and upon request.
* Control access and exit from the facilities loading dock and perform vehicle screening prior to entry.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Complete detailed reports on activity during shift and maintains daily log of activities.
* Operate and monitor computerized fire alarm and surveillance camera systems as required.
* Operate and control facility command center.
* Maintain constant radio communication with Command Center.
* Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma/equivalent required.
* Minimum 6 months security experience, preferably in a similar environment.
Skills and Abilities
* Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Sound judgment in emergency situations.
* Able to work flexible hours, which could include nights, weekends and holidays.
* Successful completion of background investigation.
* High noise level
* Stair climbing and excessive standing for sustained amounts of time.
* Position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions but will be exposed to outside weather and temperature changes inside and outside during perimeter tours/rounds.
* Limited exposure to airborne inhalants such as vehicular exhaust, dust and/or cleaning solutions while making routine rounds.
* No overhead lifting, carrying or push/pulling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
Shift hours and days will vary depending upon needs but includes, nights, weekends and holidays. Minimal land travel may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact:
Ana-Licia Allen, HR Manager
ASM Global | Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and Global Center for Health Innovation
1 St. Claire Avenue NE Cleveland, OH 44114
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, LGBTQ, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled