POSITION: Security Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Event Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly -- Part Time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Security Supervisor at the American Bank Center. The Event Security Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Event Services Manager with daily activities required to run, maintain and service the Event Security department by performing the following duties personally and/or with the assistance of subordinate supervisors and staff.
Coordinates, directs and participates in the following:
- Function as facility representative at all entrances and general areas of the facilities.
- Managing, training and supervising Event Security Staff over various guest relations activities -- including, but not limited to:
- Greeting and directing guests
- Screening guests for items allowed or prohibited by house or show policies.
- Keeping key areas secure
- Responding to emergency situations
- Ensuring the safety of all guests and responding to requests for service and assistance
- Assisting with Customer complaints and inquiries
- Ensuring a positive and friendly environment for guests, staff and tenants.
- Have a full understanding of all event staff duties (i.e. ticket takers, ushers, concierge, security, crowd control, door screeners and guest relations) and possess the ability to communicate to staff when corrective action is needed.
- Communicates with the public as needed. Anticipate potential problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ensure a safe environment for everyone on the premises by securing the property, conducting routine property walks and appropriately dealing with all guests and staff.
- Assist in daily oversight of Parking, Security and Event Services Operations as needed.
- Assist in scheduling, planning and organizing daily work assignments for staff.
- Assist in establishing new and maintaining or improving existing standards of customer service.
- Assist in development of methods to improve guest services.
- Ensure incident reports are completed for all emergencies, accidents and incidents involving clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of an event.
- Communicate with Guest Services and Facility Management at the conclusion of every event about any issues or concerns involving any employee or guest.
- Assigned supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist in evaluating employee's performance for annual reviews.
- Control labor cost by releasing personnel as possible.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
- Implement facility rules, regulation policies and procedures.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Will be required to have involvement during training exercises, supervisory meetings, and be available to work events on an on-going basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Event Services Manager. '
- Supervisory experience required.
- 1-2 years of related experience in similar venue
- Must have experience in making independent decisions
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a team player with enthusiasm and motivation
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Exceptional Customer Service, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of supervisory principals and practices
- Ability to communicate with, and take direction from immediate supervisor and Facility Management
- Must posses a professional image and work ethic
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Martha Perales, Human Resources Manager at 361-826-4104
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled