GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This position assists the day-to-day marketing of the North Charleston Coliseum, Convention and PerformingArtsCenters (the Facilities) as well as all event-related activities.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design and organize Web & Social media content/promotions in collaboration with Marketing Director and Marketing Manager
- Graphic design for internal messaging and e-blasts to customer data base
- Organize flyer & poster distribution, as well as any other grassroots efforts
- Assist in monthly Newsletter content and creation
- Sit in on all marketing/administrative meetings
- Assist in creating press kits from marketing websites -- PR, photos, etc.
- Save and log TV Eyes video clips to hard drive for future use
- Assist in gathering advertising settlements from local media and creating hard copies for venue, show promoter, show agency, etc.
- Assist merchandise stand to become knowledgeable of novelties
- Work promotional booths at community events as needed
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
- Seeking or attained degree in Arts Management, Marketing, Communications, or Sports/Business Management
- Working knowledge of video creation/design programs
- Working knowledge of graphic design, Photoshop preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Knowledge of a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, Google +, Flickr, etc.
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Actively pursue opportunities to advance the facility's marketing and customer service
- Ability to juggle many tasks, priorities and deadlines with attention to detail
- Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Sports/Entertainment Marketing
Ability to speak, read and write English.
Ability to access all areas of the Facilities.
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
SMG participates in E-Verify.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Not a Contract
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled