Position Title: Cook 3
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef/Director of F & B/Lead Cook
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Chef, responsible for the coordination and supervision of kitchen activities and kitchen personnel.
* Assists with ordering food.
* Checks all received and stored items, ensuring F.I.F.O. is followed.
* Plans, organizes, and prepares the production of all manual food products as assigned by the Executive Chef.
* Trains and supervises employees under his/her supervision.
* Maintains cost-effective food and labor costs as instructed by the Executive Chef by following ASM Food and Beverage standard recipes and menus.
* Ensures all kitchen areas are clean and organized.
* Maintains safe and sanitary working conditions and environment.
* Attends and participates in menu meetings as instructed.
* Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
* Completes all required paperwork and reports to Human Resources any related issues.
* Creates and designs food presentation; trains staff in this skill.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
Required: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as a kitchen supervisor with high volume quality production.
Valid California Driver's License
One year certificate from college or technical school
Basic PC such as Excel and Word
Read and implement BEO instructions and train others to do so.
Manage many projects simultaneously and multi-task in overall kitchen environment
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
Read and interpret written instructions and other documents such as recipes in English.
Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
Operate modern office equipment such as computer, fax, phone and copy machine
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; bendingstooping, reaching, and regular lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds; must be able to withstand loud noise and temperature changes in the environment; irregular hours will be required.
ASM/Toyota-Arena is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
To Apply: GOcvb.org
Recruiters- Yolanda Madden-Spring
4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway
Ontario, CA. 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 909-244-5500
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled