Position: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: FT – Non-Exempt
Position Summary: SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator for SMG/Tucson Convention Center/Arena. This position will implement the activities and operations of the Sales and Marketing Department, including updating the venue website, mobile apps, social media, graphic design needs for the facility and clients and all in-house signage. The Sales and Marketing Coordinator will prepare and execute event social media and venue electronic message campaigns, along with grassroots outreach and coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain the venue’s website, ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate
· Serve as the social media voice of the TCC. Ensure the TCC stays current with industry and social media trends, and interacts with fans while promoting events through multiple platforms
· Assists Sales effort in helping accomplish sales and marketing goals.
· Tasks include but are not limited to content creation, graphic design, producing and executing social media plans, serve as customer service representative to social media followers
· Update social media before, during and after TCC events and concerts
· Develop and design all graphic materials across all departments including marketing, sales and booking which includes but is not limited to collateral materials, ads, direct mail pieces, e-newsletters, digital venue and website advertising, flyers and other materials as needed for venue shows and events
· Create and implement social media and grassroots proposals for events
· Charges/bills and maintains client account information.
· Quotes rates and assists with formal license agreements and media buys.
· Conceptualize and execute online promotions for concerts and events in order to help drive ticket sales
· Create and disseminate eblasts, text messages and mobile app push notifications to venue database and subscribers using various platforms including Ticketmaster Messenger/Mail Manager
· Manage Google Analytics account and track trends/traffic in Ticketmaster 360
· Coordinate with in-house photographer for all shows
· Maintain files (i.e. press clips, photos, booking notices) and printed sales collateral
· Assist outside design agencies and other entities with coordination of assets, quote printing projects and other supplies as needed
· Create relevant reports that provide insight into buyer / bidder behavior and recommendations for improvement
· Manage all creative assets in an organized manner
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, in sports and entertainment, marketing, public relations, mass communications or related field preferred
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations or Sales in entertainment industry or related field preferred
Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook. HTML and photography experience is a plus, but not required
· Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
· Strong proofreading abilities
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with advertisers, employees, and the public
· Ability to plan, organize, and implement advertising, promotion, publicity and social media programs
· Ability to prepare effective reports
· Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers with a wide-range of personalities
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
· Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming, including evenings, weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows 2000, Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook. HTML; and other related standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
SMG – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor