Position: Director of Facility Accounting
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Summary: SMG, one of the world’s largest entertainment companies and operator of the Tucson Arena, Convention Center, Music Hall and Leo Rich Theater in Tucson, Arizona is looking for a Director of Facility Accounting. Will administer and manage the daily activities of the accounting function at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
· Supervises Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions and personnel.
· Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
· Prepares and performs bank reconciliations.
· Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financial reporting, including:
o Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
o Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
o Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
o Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
o Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
o Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
o Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
o Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
o Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
· Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
· Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
· Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
· Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Effective supervisory skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Brandy Foster
SMG – Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 520-837-4759.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor