- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Account Manager is responsible for representing SMC in all business activities associated with current customer and distributor account support. This position also has the responsibility to create and develop new business relationships to increase market share and obtain growth.
- Retains and profitably grows sales through proactive management of top strategic accounts and SMC distributors
- Presents all of SMC’s capabilities, services, and products to current and prospective customers and SMC distributors.
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned customers and is responsible for customer satisfaction
- Represents customer’s needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development
- Proactively manages customer satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction.
- Completes detailed SAP and forecasts as required.
- Maintains/creates very strong and deep-rooted relationships with key decision makers within designated strategic target accounts; recognized and respected by customer’s top management team within top-rated accounts.
- Effectively utilize SMC tools and resources to ensure organizational consistency and efficiency
- Meet or exceed target sales goals as detailed by Branch and Sales Managers.
- Complete market reports as new and relevant information become available.
- Manage SMC assets appropriately and be able to successfully calculate ROI using the RINGI process
- Have passed all Pneumatic theory and other technical training required by SMC
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
- Mentor, guide, and teach SMC sales philosophy, strategies, and tactics to new SMC sales professionals.
- Document sales calls, projects, opportunities, contacts, success reports, and activity in CRM
- Successfully complete other duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager/Sales Manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Fast-paced environment (includes both office and field work)
- Travel with some extended stay away from home
- Physically capable of lifting SMC products and displays up to 50 lbs.
- Varying work hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of sales experience with SMC or equivalent industry sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SMC product lines.
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic components and their application.
- Thorough understanding of SMC policies and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of competitive product lines.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and ability to learn new programs and tools as required
- Clean driving record
Subsidiaries and joint ventures have been setup in a total of 53 countries. Production facilities are located in 30 countries. In addition, a sales network extends throughout 83 countries, with local services in 500 locations. SMC offers technology accumulated through the years, engineers that bring it to life in new products, production capacity which can deliver a variety of products in a short time, and an extensive sales network in the U.S. and throughout the world.
With its goal of ever more advanced automation, and using its many achievements as a base, SMC is developing high-quality, highly reliable products to contribute to automation in industry, as well as in familiar areas of everyday life.
SMC Corporation of America
BusinessView all jobs at SMC Corporation of America
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?