Video Surveillance Agents
- Posted: over a month ago
SMART Security Pros is hiring Video Surveillance Agents (VSA's) to provide live video surveillance and monitor activity for it's Real Time Operations Center (RTOC) on behalf of clients through the use of appropriate systems and software applications.
Observe and respond timely to urgent situations in a call center environment. Act as a liaison between client, field officers, and emergency response personnel to ensure accurate and timely communication. Provide responsive and reliable assistance by exercising good judgment and by using good customer service skills at all times. Take proper action to assure that SMART is providing the best service to its customers and clients. The position serves as the key point of contact while ensuring the safety and welfare of life and property.
Must be available to work overnight hours throughout the week, typically from 6pm-6am
Additionally there are daytime shifts on weekends, Saturday & Sunday
- Provide continuous observation and surveillance of client sites. Coordinate efforts to effectively safeguard assets and enhance the safety of patrons and staff. Report incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management utilizing established procedures. Responsible for the prioritization and management of critical and non-critical events including but not limited to access control, safety breaches, intrusion detection, video tours and emergency response.
- Respond appropriately to events by evaluating the situation and reviewing the client post orders on what procedures to follow for each request type. Gather data and document proper systems as required. Inform client; field management; or law enforcement/EMS of any serious safety, business jeopardy or other operational situations.
- Provide event history and update information as appropriate. Document in our online sytem standardized daily activity and incident reports that are concise, informative and accurate.
- Provide ongoing administrative support for the RTOC and assistance to shift supervision. Advise shift supervision of any changes in contact profiles, database information or procedure that needs to be updated. Seek out updates when communicating with clients and field management so that the RTOC database information is current, to proficiently respond to field operation requirements.
- Ensure that SMART standards regarding quality and productivity are maintained.
- Assist with and/or initiate projects that improve the overall efficiency of the SMART Operation Center (provide assistance in testing and evaluation of new security technologies).
- Perform customer service functions including call handling as dictated by operational needs. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as requested by management.
- Technical Aptitude:
- Computer literate
- Ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Demonstrated proficiency in office software applications including Word/Google Docs, Excel/Google Sheets, and Outlook/Gmail
- Communication Skills:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, and write)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, including good grammar
- Clear, professional, and pleasant speaking voice and courteous telephone manner
- Ability to listen to calls and respond verbally while documenting in writing simultaneously
- Customer Service Skills:
- Strong customer service and results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively with both company and client representatives across all levels
- Ability to remain calm and focused during emergency situations while making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Previous call center experience is a plus
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED required, with one to two years of customer service and administrative experience in an office setting or call center environment.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be highly task and detail-oriented, dependable and reliable and possess strong work ethic
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Good organization and time management skills are essential characteristics utilized by this position
- Able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Possess professional and positive demeanor
- Flexibility: *RTOC operates 24 hours per day 7 days a week 365 days a year*
- Must have the ability to work shift times that are not normal business hours of operation
- May be required to work holidays
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Dependably report to work on time for assigned schedule
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
- Maintaining composure in dealing with clients, prospects, and staff in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular talking and hearing
- Wearing of a headset throughout work shift
- Ability to monitor surveillance video for extended periods of time while working on a personal computer and maintaining focus on task
The starting pay rate for Video Surveillance Agents is $18/hr
SMART Security Pros
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?