Employer Name: Small Mine Development, LLC
Small Mine Development is currently seeking to employ experienced rebuild and underground mining diesel mechanics. Open positions are based at the Battle Mountain Rebuild Shop and at various mine sites where contracted. Qualified candidates can expect to receive competitive wages, benefits and challenging but rewarding work. Starting pay will be contingent upon experience.
· Must be safety oriented and maintain situational awareness at all times.
· Have exceptional workplace "housekeeping" standards.
· Hold a current MSHA Certificate (5000-23) in underground metal/non-metal mining.
· Possess the skills to communicate professionally with supervisors, co-workers, customers and vendors.
· Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions with little to no supervision.
· Must work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and work in year-round weather conditions.
· Efficiency in reading and understanding electrical and hydraulic schematics for mobile equipment.
· Must be competent with the use of service, parts, and operator’s manuals both digital and paper.
· Knowledge and understanding of all underground hard rock mining equipment applications.
Beneficial Skills but not required:
· Knowledge and experience with Caterpillar ET and SIS
· Experience with fluid power diagnostics.
· Experience maintaining Sandvik drilling and haulage equipment, Epiroc drilling and haulage equipment, Cat surface and underground equipment.
· Experience with OEM and retrofit emissions products such as passive DPFs, active DPFs, and SCR systems.
· Ability to weld, air arc, and use a cutting torch.
· Ability to align bore.
Small Mine Development is an equal opportunity employer. Small Mine Development is a drug free work place.