- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Senior Developer, you would be responsible for the execution, management, completion, Q/A, and successful delivery of development projects, primarily on Shopify and Shopify Plus. You’ll work with the SMAKK team and directly with our clients to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time and on-budget as well as champion the quality and integrity of the end result.
In this position, you will act as a continuously growing web development expert, enthusiastic problem solver, and creative digital strategist. As a technical expert and in-house development practitioner, this role plays a pivotal role in the success of all our web engagements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Developing and managing the development project plans for custom Shopify builds
- Overseeing and mentoring a team of two developers (one mid-level, one junior)
- Collaborating with ecommerce strategists, UX designers, and digital project managers
- Manage Q/A for all web projects, drive project launches with attention to technical best practices
- Train client admins on CMS platforms
- Write and maintain documentation
- Provide post-launch support and proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements
- Participate and lead post-project reviews
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years of ecommerce web development experience
- 3 or more Shopify Plus project implementation experience
- Expert understanding of Shopify - both the platform itself and its ecosystem of apps
- Expert in Shopify Liquid template language
- Expert in vetting Shopify Apps and integrations against technical requirements and business use cases
- Experience in Shopify Theme development
- Proven knowledge with Storefront API
- Background in Product modeling and configuration via Shopify Admin
- Understanding of Product, Discounts, Orders and customizations
- Experience with Shopify instance management and configuration
- Knowledge in data migration and synchronization between Shopify instances
- Experience with code version/ branching tools like Git/SVN
- Understanding of most up to date JS scripts and libraries (React is a plus)
- Good knowledge in AJAX/JQuery
- Usage of Shopify CLI and GitHub integration for theme code management
- Prior experience with product/Customer/Order Import Export management
- Solid knowledge of performance improvement best practices
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Understanding of connecting business and functional requirements
- Expert level understanding of technical best practices for web including SEO best practices and developing for ADA compliance
- Strong understanding of cross browser compatibility issues
- Experience in a website production environment, preferably in an agency setting
- Aptitude to learn more and grow not just yourself but your team
- Acute analytical skills and superb attention to detail
- Work effectively in a team environment including close interaction with clients
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We are a a close knit team that values empathy and curiosity in our approach to projects and teamwork
- Collaboration is at our core - we prioritize learning from our challenges, adapt and adjust to consistently improve as a group and individually
- We don’t just move on from one win to the next - we acknowledge and celebrate
- We believe investing in our team is our future success. We provide financial assistance for professional development and continued career development support
- Competitive benefits: matching 401k, fully paid health, vision and dental benefits
- We value mental health and self care and have policies to support your needs
- We value having fun and embrace slowing down during the summer months with Summer Fridays and company happy hours year round
- We truly mean work from where you want to work. We’re based in NYC with a collaboration space in SoHo, but our team works locally and remote from wherever they would like
*The base salary hiring range for this position is $120,000 - $140,000, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.
SMAKK is a branding and marketing agency with a purpose. We use our focused set of capabilities to develop and grow world-changing brands that are better for people and the planet.
Founded in 2011 and based in NYC, we are proudly one of the .1% of creative agencies owned by women. Today, our services include brand strategy and development, website design and development, packaging design, and marketing strategy and execution.
We work with brands across a range of sectors including wellness and personal care, beauty, lifestyle, and social impact. Past clients have included The Honey Pot Co., S.C. Johnson, Busy Co, Conscious Step, Shiseido, Two Blind Brothers, and the NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?