The Director of Nursing plans, develops and directs daily functions of the nursing department in accordance with company policies and regulatory guidelines to ensure highest degree of quality care for all residents at all times.
• Directs clinical care and services in the SNF.
• Establishes, trains, and maintains health care systems.
• Establishes, trains, and maintains clinical operations policies/procedures.
• Establishes, trains, and maintains clinical operation quality assurance systems.
• Provides structure, support and guidance to the nursing department.
• Provides orientation, in-service and education to the nursing department.
• Provides leadership and management to nursing department and community.
• Develops and implements care/nursing program that meets the needs of all residents within parameters of company guidelines.
• Promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of all residents under his or her care.
• Performs licensed nurse tasks within scope of practice as allowed by state law.
• Performs resident functional evaluations to determine residents’ level of care and develop appropriate care plan. Monitors resident admission process to ensure timely completion of required documentation and compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Coordinates new resident orientation process and assist with resident move-ins.
• Ensures accurate record keeping and proper maintenance of resident charts.
• Functions as liaison to and communicate effectively and regularly with residents’ health care providers/physicians, pharmacists, medical personnel and family members.
• Coordinates medication, hospitalization and/or physician visits as required.
• Manages inventory, storage and purchase of medical supplies.
• Supervises storage, distribution and discontinuation of medication, including proper record-keeping.
• Oversees self-administration of prescribed and over-the counter medication in accordance with medication guidelines and ensures daily maintenance of medication observation record (MOR or MAR) for each resident.
• Completes written reports and routine resident record reviews and updates as scheduled.
• Ensures overall safety and cleanliness of working environment and accident prevention by applying safe working practices. (Risk Management & Quality Assurance)
• Trains staff on policies and procedures, infection control, safety rules, proper use of equipment and body mechanics, emergency plans, reporting hazardous conditions or equipment. Monitors adherence to safety and health department rules and regulations, and takes corrective action when needed.
• Follows appropriate plans of action in emergency situations.
• Is familiar with all resident care/nursing positions and serves as relief staff as necessary.
• Monitor departmental spending. Review department declining ledgers weekly
• Participates in Manager on Duty program as scheduled.
Directly supervises employees of the nursing department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Valid RN license
• CPR/First Aid certified a plus or as required by State regulations.
• State required certifications, training and continuing education
• Demonstrated successful two to three years’ experience in managing a diverse workforce.
• Prior work experience in a geriatric, rehabilitation, nursing and/or assisted living environment.
• Knowledge of relevant rules, regulations, and laws.
• Excellent people skills and sincere appreciation of elderly persons
• Ability to support the community during severe weather conditions and other emergency situations.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and multi-task in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug and background screening.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental benefits, paid time off, tuition assistance, and an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer & drug-free WorkplaceEducationRequired
- Bachelors or better in Nursing
- High School or better