Dispatcher Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SLD Transport, Inc., of Canton, GA, is a leading provider of final mile delivery in Metro Atlanta, Chattanooga, TN, and Asheville, NC. We are committed to operational excellence, professionalism, and financial strength.
I. Job Summary
Provides back and forth communication with SLD Transport drivers to assist with problem resolution during routes. Serves as the point of contact for incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves problems. Engages with customers as well as operational staff (e.g. Dispatch Manager, Mechanics, etc.). Works with SLD Transport software to manage same-day ticket routing as well as preparing next-day routes. Overtime and Saturday hours may be available depending on the needs of each customer.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In order to perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Other minor duties may be assigned.
· Dispatch drivers to calls based on customers' needs, drivers' locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
· Coordinates with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on customer needs.
· Determines the daily driver staffing to achieve the best mix of responsiveness and productivity
· Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the following day; manages and determines route actions and ensures that the route is completed.
· Fields incoming calls and emails from customers and sales representatives; schedules and manages all pick-ups and deliveries.
· Communicate with customers while drivers are on-site/on location in order to resolve any issues affecting service.
· Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up issues before they impact service
· Manage the routing for all routes and track the driver's movement in the field to ensure same-day delivery in the event of missed deliveries
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
· Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
· Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience with working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational skills.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements
· None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
· Computer skills with the ability to handle multiple programs and systems
· Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, and telephone.
· Must have the desire and ability to learn SLD Transport software applications
At SLD Transport, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. As well as company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please send your resume to email@example.com.”
SLD Transport, INCWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits with room to grow!
102 Hickory Springs Ind Dr CantonCanton, GA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at SLD Transport, INC