Sr. Electrical Engineer
SL Power Electronics Corporation Memphis, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the creation and development of DC/DC & AC/DC custom power supplies, including planning, development, mentoring, flawless execution, and continuous improvement for the current power supplies in production. This position is in Sharon, MA right outside of Boston, MA and we will help with relocation.
- Design of DC-DC and AC-DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various power topologies.
- Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production while ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
- Complies with required regulatory standards.
- Adheres to Design for Manufacture (DFM) guidelines.
- Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, mechanical engineering, marketing and sales, manufacturing, and quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
- Liaising with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximize production yields.
- Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance, specifications, reliability, and regulatory requirements.
- Participation in internal design reviews.
- Design Verification Testing and Technical Report writing.
- Directs customer support.
- Responsible for root causes analysis on products, technical problems, and documentation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of related experience. PHD’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with magnetics and practical design of custom transformers and inductors, including planar magnetics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies, and soft switching techniques
- Experience of designing EMI filters / PCB layouts for minimum EMI.
- Experience in modelling, simulation, and testing of power electronics.
- Thorough understanding of control theory.
- Ability to write and analyze design documentation.
- Ability to make economic judgments with respect to product cost and manufacturing process.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
Skills & Abilities
- High level of self-motivation and self-initiative.
- High Level of Organizational & communication skills
- Highly collaborative; thrives in a team office environment.
- Ability to work remotely without day-to-day supervision.
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator with understanding of solution based selling approach.
- Proficient with MS Office products and Salesforce.com
- Looking for a positive, can-do attitude, plus a proven team leading experience with ability to coach individuals to improve sales, commercial and overall skills.
SL Power Electronic, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. SL Power Electronics participates in the E-Verify program managed by UCIS for I9 verifications.
SL Power Electronics Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at SL Power Electronics Corporation