We are looking for an in-office Staff Accountant to join our team! Develops and provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports for operations. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Documents financial transactions by entering account information. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. Utilizes and is very proficient in ERP/Accounting systems Exact Max and Microsoft GP. Manages AR & AP by processing payable invoices, check runs, customer invoices, RGA s, and debt collection. Performs month/year end closing on the last working day of each month. Files 1099 s yearly. Manages and files state sales tax when and where appropriate. Processes payroll through ADP system for weekly and semi-monthly employees and reconciles that to the general ledger. Provides census information yearly for employee health insurance to broker. Maintains financial security by following internal controls. Maintains customer and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping financial and personal information confidential. Bachelor s or master s degree in accounting Minimum 3-5 years experience in accounting/finance Experience with financial reporting, AR, AP, and database use ERP/Accounting Database Experience Attention to Detail Reporting Research Results
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Bachelor s or master s degree in accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in accounting/finance
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with financial reporting, AR, AP, and database use ERP/Accounting Database Experience Attention to Detail Reporting Research Results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
SL Companies, Inc.
Why Work Here?Managing alternative asset through business and real estate development.
Excellent Work Environment