IT Service Desk Manager
SKO Pros Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-Time Employee / Competitive Compensation and Benefits / No Relocation Assistance Offered / U.S. Citizenship
Seeking a hands-on, technically savvy, IT Service Desk Manager. The SDM has the responsibility of managing procedures related to on-boarding and off-boarding of users, identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. The SDM will also oversee the Service Desk to deliver according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability.
Job Location: Downtown Los Angeles, CA
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and time frames.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Understand and drive toward expected metrics and use them to positively improve behaviors and performance.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff, and help coach, motivate and develop the team.
- Prepare budget proposals and operational expenditure statements.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Oversee Service Desk technology deployment, installation and configuration tasks and activities.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail and other channels to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement self-service materials to increase user self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Attend training seminars, conferences and industry events to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Desk issues and technologies.
- Service Management familiarity and/or formal training preferred.
- Extensive infrastructure and application support experience using ticketing and incident management systems.
- Extensive knowledge and support experience with common productivity applications including Office 365.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs, phone and network equipment and be able to direct others with support processes.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Windows Server.
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
SKO Pros Inc.
SKO Pros Inc. has been retained as a professional recruiting firm to identify qualified candidates for high-profile positions.
AddressLos Angeles, CA