The Unit Manager provides, plans, coordinates, or manages nursing care and health education to nursing home residents on assigned unit throughout all hours of operation.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and clinical expertise required to effectively supervise all nursing activities in the facility or the units to which assigned.
- Reviews and implements all nursing procedures and systems relative to the unit(s).
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality Resident care.
- Assesses and evaluates the performance and competency of staff on the unit(s).
- Uses a systematic approach to provide individualized nursing care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the Resident.
- Contributes to the Resident’s assessment (MDS/CAA’s) and the development of a plane of care.
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing nursing care.
- Evaluates the Resident’s responses to nursing interventions.
- Selects and institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a Resident’s condition and/or prevent complications.
- Consults with a physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, non-effective, or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment.
- Knows the rationale for the effect of medications and treatments and correctly administer same.
- Accurately reports and documents the Resident’s symptoms, responses, and status.
- Designs promote and organize Resident education and counseling based on health needs.
- Collaborates with the Resident, members of the healthcare team, and, when appropriate, the Resident’s significant other(s) in the interest of the Resident’s healthcare.
- Consults with utilizes and initiates referrals to appropriate community agencies and healthcare resources to provide continuity of care.
- Participates in RAI process as indicated or directed.
- Ensures that the charge nurses are adequately supervising the staff on their units.
- Takes calls as assigned.
- Current state license to practice as a nurse.
- Certification in nursing specialty desired.
- CPR Certified.
- Prefer a registered nurse with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing. Minimum of the licensed practical or vocational nurse with experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Has strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
At SKLD, we hire people, not positions. The people at SKLD are our greatest asset. Their energy, passion, and focus are central to achieving our goals. We appreciate them and their drive to improve the lives of the people around them. And we reward them by providing recognition, respect, opportunities for growth, and bankable benefits. Our pay and perks are among the best in the area.
Some of the benefits we offer to our full-time employees include (but are not limited to):
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Cancer, hospital, and accident coverage
- 401(k) with a company match up to the first 2% contributed
- Generous paid time off accrual
If you’re looking to join an energetic, creative, and passionate team, then this is the right company for you!
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SKLD - Illuminate HealthcareIlluminate HC is a bold, innovative, rapidly growing healthcare company. We are not like most skilled care operators. We are changing post-hospital care. We are working to Radically enhance patients' experiences and improve quality metrics, re-think and re-tool how care is delivered and how it is valued, develop and nurture a workforce of highly engaged individuals who share our passion for quality and innovations, and redefine the reputation of post-acute care and its role in the healthcare continuum.