SKIDATA is HIRING!!
We are seeking a Field Service Technician in Detroit, MI to deliver exceptional customer support to customers remotely and in person. This is a mid-level hybrid position within the Service Department. The Field Service Technician will assist with installation and configuration of software packages for computer and hardware devices. The Field Service Technician will perform existing site upgrades, service replacements and field repairs on parking access and building access systems, software and hardware per a maintenance schedule. Work closely with peers and support team to ensure customer expectations are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
· Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware and upgrades.
· Perform dial-ins and web training for customers to go over and review system behaviors and designed features.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause.
· Install and configure computer, peripheral hardware and networking components at customer premises.
· Troubleshoot and correct problems on devices/equipment, down to board level.
· Configure network switches, routers, & firewalls for system replacement or expansion purposes.
· Perform general maintenance repairs on parking access and building access systems, software and/or hardware related.
· Provide first class customer service, to internal and external customers.
· Properly identify when higher level support is needed. Work closely with peers and support team to ensure customer expectations are met.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· Education in Electrical, Electronic or Computers or related field is required.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience required in a related Technical role within a Service environment. Or and a combination or education & experience.
· Solid Low-Voltage experience.
· Direct experience with IT networking, server hardware and Linux.
· Ability to install, maintain, configure, and test operating systems, application software and system management tools, hardware devices and networking components.
· Unparalleled desire to help customers and deliver service excellence.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to drive to field / customer locations performing field work. This position requires 100% travel within and outside of the employee’s regular region; this travel may be by airplane or vehicle and will be planned with as much advanced notice as possible. (Company vehicle, gas card & travel accommodations will be provided)
· Must have a valid driver’s license; have and maintain a driving record clean of any major or numerous violations.
· Must be able to complete SKIDATA technical certified training courses – within 24 months of employment; or, has completed required certified courses in the technical career track. Specific product/equipment and software training supplied by SKIDATA.
SKIDATA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging and do impactful work together. SKIDATA’s goal is to unite to win and we are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Why Work Here?SKIDATA is the partner of choice in professional access and entry management. Our products and services guarantee fast and secure access for people and vehicles at ski resorts, shopping centers, airports, cities, sports stadiums, fairs, amusement parks and more. The foundation of SKIDATA’s success is based on the 1,000+ dedicated and skilled employees and the clear focus on research and development. SKIDATA is apart of the Swiss Kudelski Group and benefits from their global network, together we stand for responsibility and sustainability. SKIDATA and its 23 subsidiaries and countless partners are present in over 95 countries. SKIDATA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging and do impactful work together. SKIDATA’s goal is to unite to win and we are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
SKIDATA offers great benefits and a career track that offers upward mobility through company paid training and certifications. Apply today!