Real Estate Project Manager & Financial Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Join our rapidly expanding development team!
SK2 Development, the real estate development arm of our SK2 family of companies, is a dynamic development firm focused on identifying unique opportunities to create & enhance iconic developments within strategic growth markets
We are looking for a Real Estate Project Manager & Financial Analyst with prior project management experience in real estate & construction, strong excel modelling skills and, ideally, a background or education in accounting and accounting practices.
Objectives & Responsibilities
SK2 Dev is entering into an exciting phase of rapid development with several projects in the pipeline. The Real Estate Project Manager and Financial Analysts’ primary focus will be to;
- Support SK2 Development teams ongoing construction & development projects and owning the scheduling and internal/external coordination of resources
- Support project accounting and general bookkeeping
- Provide financial modelling to evaluate potential new development or investment opportunities as well as providing sound insights in the expected performance of our assets.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Real Estate Project Management (60% of the role)
- With the project owner, producing a critical path framework for our projects
- Creating the project’s schedule and timeline. Keeping the schedule updated, monitoring progress and ensuring coordination amongst teams
- Ensure resource allocation is accurate to meet deadlines & deliverables
Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Maintain accurate budget reports to ensure project is on track and on budget
- Organize, file and ensure bookkeeping is in order (incl. invoices, receipts, payment schedules)
- Maintain records related to construction projects including permits, contracts, zoning regulations, inspections, and other paperwork required for the project to move forward
Project Co-ordination & Communication
- Ensure timely communication of milestones and deadlines, including coordination across teams and individuals.
Financial Analysis & Modelling (30% of the Role)
Responsible for providing financial modelling and analysing financial data regarding development, acquisitions, and/or disposition of investments.
- Create financial models to evaluate potential new development or investment opportunities. Models include project and portfolio level performance and structured finance.
- Create financial models to evaluate property investment strategies with operating costs/revenue and income streams.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
Cross-Functional SK2 Development (10% of the role)
- Assist in the preparation of various documents including private placement memorandums, due diligence questionnaires, financing requests and other important documents
- Ensure correct filing and organization of documentation across the team
- Support the team in performing due diligence and site inspections
- Assist in preparation of internal & external presentations.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- 5 years experience working in residential and commercial real estate
- High proficiency in financial modelling techniques
- Requires high proficiency of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is a must. Preferably computer savvy (on both Mac and Windows environments)
- Background in accounting or finance preferred. Project Management qualifications a plus
- Knowledge of and experience working in specific project management & accounting software desirable
- Must be very detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to, and comfortable with, meeting tight deadlines and manage varied tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential material.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Salary & Benefits
SK2 Development is a growing and highly ambitious organization. To promote a culture of personal responsibility and reward, we offer a competitive salary compensation with additional benefits to promote a healthy work-life balance and growth opportunities.
The salary compensation for this role will be commensurate on experience.
Further education and training opportunities to promote the individual’s growth ambitions will be agreed upon and funded on a case by case basis.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?