Corporate Development - Director / Senior Manager
SK Telecom Americas Santa Clara, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Corporate Development Director
Snapshot of Corporate Development:
Corporate Development comprehensively covers both strategic investments and partnership in the areas of AI, Communications, Semiconductor, Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, and more. The team focuses on building mutual value between overall affiliates of SK group and business partners by evaluating and executing strategic equity investment, M&A, and partnerships.
We are looking for a high-energy and high-impact individual who will contribute in all parts of the investment and partnership evaluation and execution within SK Telecom. The ideal candidate is able to build strong rapport with enterprises, startups, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, investment bankers, and internal product groups. This position requires the ability to evaluate emerging business technologies and opportunities, and structure partnerships and/or acquisitions in support of strategic growth objectives. This position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Development.
- Support SK Telecom’s initiatives around strategic partnerships, investments, and M&A
- Conduct research on innovation trends and recommend next investment focus areas
- Lead technical due diligence and deal flow for the investments to startups
- Develop investment memo, reports, and presentations
- Pitch investment proposal to internal teams to initiate further diligence procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, economics; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in relevant field (corporate development, venture capital, investment banking, strategy consulting)
- Deep technology knowledge required
- Advanced business modeling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write executive reports, business correspondence, and presentation materials
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, relationship-management, and leadership capabilities
- Willingness to travel if required
Location of the position is in Sunnyvale, CA.
For more information, visit www.skta.com
SK Telecom Americas
SK Telecom Americas (SKTA) is the venture investment and corporate development arm of SK Telecom, the largest mobile operator in South Korea. SK Telecom also owns SK Hynix, the second largest memory chip maker. SKTA’s core activities include technology incubation (Innopartners), corporate venture investments (CVC) and corporate development. Area of strategic interests spans across a broad spectrum of technology sectors – Communications, Cloud Computing, Big Data, AI, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, VR/AR, Digital Media and more.
4151 Burton DriveSanta Clara, CA