Driver/ Material Handler
- Posted: over a month ago
SJS Industrial, LLC (SJS), also doing business as SJS Executives, is seeking a safety and detail-oriented deliver driver who will work in our Virginia Beach warehouse providing delivery and pick up services to our various clients in and around the Hampton Roads region.
Working hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM or 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM, occasional overtime or Saturday work could occur.
SJS is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that specializes in powder, ceramic, and clear coating serving businesses and military/government agencies in the Hampton Roads area.Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitates the flow of material between the production shop/warehouse and various locations including Military/Federal installations and commercial sites.
- Drives a 26-foot truck (flat bed and box truck) locally ensuring timely delivery of finished products
- Loads and unloads truck while practicing established safety procedures
- Lifting: Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs., frequently, occasionally 50+
- Pulling/Pushing: Will transport loads of up to50 lbs. frequently, occasionally 50+
- Employee will be trained on standard operating procedures
- Operates a forklift practicing safe operating procedures
- Operate or assist in operating machines and various hand tools in accordance with standard operating procedures identified for the hand tool or machine being operated
- Accurately record production information – may be recorded by using a scanner, computer or by hand
- Inspect parts for defects, repair if possible, and/or inform appropriate personnel of non-conforming parts
- Must be able to remain on one’s feet in an upright position and move about on foot for duration of shift. Will bend, twist, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above shoulder level
- Perform clean-up duties throughout your shift as required
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management
- Follow all written and verbal instructions
- Attend all safety and production training
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
- Must be able to meet all requirements to access military bases
- Able to work overtime as needed, including nights and weekends.
- When not driving, position will support operations in warehouse.
- 3-5 years’ experience conducting deliveries.
- Current and valid Virginia’s State Driver license.
- CDL a plus, but not a requirement.
- Forklift skills a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and a thorough background check for access onto a military installation; please note the background check for this position extends past 7 years, in conformance with federal law and US Department of Justice guidelines for work on a military installation.
SJS Industrial, LLC (SJS), also doing business as SJS Executives, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy status and/or gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
SJS Industrial LLC
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at SJS Industrial LLC