- Posted: over a month ago
- $32 to $38 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, performs all aspects of Accounts Receivable of the organization and assists the Accounting Manager with day-to-day operations of accounting functions of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Issue monthly invoices for SJB families and ensure payments for childcare services are received timely.
- Set up new accounts, recur monthly fee and collect late pick up charge to all active accounts.
- Post customer payments by recording check and credit card transactions.
- Post credits for vacation days and holidays.
- Post all fees changes to each individual account based on Notice of Action (NOA)
- Ensure monthly attendance sheets are completed correctly and invoice Alternative payment programs (APP).
- Reconcile APP invoices with payments received and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain correspondence for all Alternative Payment Program (APP) participants.
- Interface with families to discuss outstanding receivables and account discrepancies.
- Maintain correspondence with collection agency.
- Maintain credit card agreements and process all credit card transactions.
- Reconcile deposits with postings of A/R.
- Code, post all accounts receivable related items.
- Complete childcare verification requests.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable files and records.
- Correspond with Site Directors regularly to review accounts.
- Send out year-end childcare payments made by families.
- Post NSF/Return checks.
- Meet with new families to review payment policy.
- Interface with Family Services team to terminate families with delinquent fees.
- Prepare data and reports for annual external audit.
- Assist in completing various reports to funding agencies, including but not limited to all related Child and Adult Care Food program (CACFP) reports and California Department of Education (CDE) and California Department of Social Services (CDSS) reports.
- Assist in reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards.
- Assist in the collection of annual meal benefits forms.
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating budget.
- File finance documents, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Chief Financial Officer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Report safety hazards and injuries immediately and ensure proper paperwork is competed in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organized, creative, independent, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling based and prioritization, and driven by excellence.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective business relationships; demonstrated ability to communicate in situations requiring tact and poise; skilled in confidentiality and discretion.
- Thorough knowledge of office administration including efficient filing systems, office machines and equipment, and computer software such as Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook (email & calendar).
- General Accounting software knowledge.
- Skilled in customer service and employee relations.
- Must present a neat, professional appearance.
- Ability to adjust tasks and focus with composure, and in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Belief in working as a professional, cohesive team member.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Awareness and respect for cultural differences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years related experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- MIP Fund Accounting experience preferred.
- Must be in good health as verified by a current health screening, including a test for tuberculosis performed under the supervision of a physician not more than one year prior to employment.
- Proof of up-to-date immunization records to include but not limited to measles, pertussis, tuberculosis and influenza (annual).
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, criminal record, FBI and DOJ clearance and Child Abuse Central Index Check prior to employment.
- Must possess California Driver’s License and meet minimum insurance requirements for personal vehicle and have a driving record which meets the standards set forth in Administrative Regulation 4532 and 4533. If current auto insurance has a “Business Use Exclusion” it will need to be removed from your policy.
- Completion of Mandated Reporter Training as per Assembly Bill 1207. Must be completed every 2 years.
- Bilingual/Biliterate a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met (or may be encountered) by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:
- Requires an employee to sit in an office on a regular basis.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Requires an employee, on a regular basis to use the following visually: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to judge distances.
- Requires an employee to use their hearing on a regular basis to receive detailed
information through oral communication.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities occasionally.
- Requires and employee to have the ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day (as needed).
- Work Environment:
- Requires an employee to work indoors in a noisy environment on a regular basis.
The above is intended to describe the duties and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be constructed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This agreement does not affect your “at-will” employment with SJB Child Development Centers. “At-will” meaning separation with or without notice for any reason not prohibited by law can be initiated by either party.
SJB Child Development Centers
AddressSan Jose, CA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?