- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard Agency DS-89 to work products
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual Agency Data Standard (DS)-89
- TS/SCI with Poly. SITEC is not sponsoring clearances so candidates who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Early Career: Associate's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for an Associate's degree.
- Mid Career: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Senior Career: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Early Career: Two (2) years' experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Mid Career: Six (6) years' experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Senior Career: Eight (8) years' experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?