- Posted: over a month ago
Provide support to the Data Flow and Routing Solutions (DFRS) systems engineering team. Required support includes customer service, dataflow paths, organize dataflow implementation, identify ways to improve dataflow implementation and modernization efforts, and prioritize the customer's needs based on larger strategic priorities.
- Identify and establish new processes and procedures (modernization efforts, process improvement...) and have good customer service skills.
- Data tagging, data formats, data sanitization, data sharing rules/criteria, general dataflow knowledge and troubleshooting..
- Provide support to manage the progress of dataflow requests. This includes customer and service provider support/interaction, and learning the customer need and how it fits into the larger picture.
- Measure and monitor metrics, identify trends, document deficient resourcing, and report standings and findings to management and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to technical leaders by coordinating activities pertaining to the development, documentation and maintenance associated with changes to the system.
- Research and document dataflow processes according to standards of compliance in support of the Enterprise Data Header (EDH) initiatives. Support will include research, analysis, documentation, and integration of how data can be identified, protected, tracked and handled throughout its life cycle.
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) - Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture
- Assists with the allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in MY of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas
- This position requires TS//SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Understanding of data architecture approaches such as DODAF, UAF, JARM, Zachman, TOGAF, etc. Must have at least five years of demonstrated architecture experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF). These five years can be met as part of other duties and do not necessarily require the person to have served five years as an architect.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note I) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus two (2) years of systems engineering experience OR
A High School Diploma or GED plus six (6) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area) OR
A Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note I) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university OR
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note I) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university.
Note 1 - Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Note 2 - Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at SITEC Consulting