NW Milwaukee, WI
1st shift, 7am - 3:30pm
$16 - $19 p/hr BOE
Responsible for performing in-process and receiving inspections based upon engineering drawings; shop routing and specifications or information. Collect and enter data for capability studies and Gage R&R studies. Assist manufacturing operations in basic inspection methods; manufacturing procedures; quality procedures and work instructions. Ensure Quality conformance with Quality Standards.
- Receiving activities in ERP system
- Move transactions in ERP system
- Enter information into Quality Database
- Receiving inspection activities: QP 8204 Product Inspection and Manufacturing Performance Monitoring Process.doc
- Issue NCMR’s: QP 8301 Nonconforming Material Process.doc
- Inspect Product using Labview testers or Engineering Lab Profiler
- Complete ISIR or 1st piece inspection process
- Responsible for quality containment areas organized and accurate (QC-H6, PPAP, RTV, Returned Goods, etc.)
- Calibration procedure: QP 7601 Control of monitoring and measuring devices.doc
- Perform internal calibration activities: Golden Eggs, custom gages, etc.
- Receive and process some RMA’s (with supervisor review): QP 7206 Returned Material Authorization (RMA) process.doc
- Update control plans in Quality Database
- Generate ECN Requests: QP 7302 Engineering Change Notification (Change Control).doc
- Update and control documents: QP 4202 Document Control.doc
- Issue CAR’s: QP 8502 Corrective Action-Preventative Action Process.doc
- Contact Suppliers on NCMR’s and CAR’s
- Measure GD&T and calculate tolerances (MMC)
- Issue Supplier PPAP requirements
- Review Supplier PPAP’s
- Review supplier CAR’s
- Process customer RMA’s without supervisor review
- Conduct Internal ISO audits: QP 8202 Internal Audit Process.doc
- Conduct Supplier Audits: QP 7400 Purchasing and Vendor Control.doc
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Some heavy lifting required up to 70 lbs.
Ability to read and understand documents such as blueprints. Ability to recognize GD&T callouts on prints. Ability to read and write English. Ability to use the following gages: Optical comparator, spring force tester, Gage Balls, Concentricity Gages, thread micrometer, Caliper, micrometer, thread gages, indicators, gage pins. Have a basic knowledge of GD&T. Proficient use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS outlook, MS Access, MiniTab, Ability to create formula’s in MS Excel. Ability to collect data for capability studies and Gage R&R Studies. Strong understanding of GD&T, how to measure it, and how to calculate tolerances (MMC). Understand FMEA’s. Strong understanding of capability and Gage R&R indexes and formulas. Can enter and generate capability and gage R&R charts in MiniTab. Requires 2-4 years of experience in a quality environment
Quality Technician B:
This position will assist with Receive and Inspect as needed but will be given more responsible.
Has all skills that Quality Technician C possesses
Necessary skills needed to complete this job
- Ability to read Drawings
o This experience and knowledge comes from Inspection
- Can communicate well with Suppliers and or Customers via phone or E-mail
- Knowledge of how product functions
- Can work independently on high level projects
- Can assist in training Quality Technician A’s
- Low to Moderate knowledge of GD&T
- Knowledge and experience of Corrective Action
- Knowledge and experience of Non-conforming Material and how to handle defective product internally and externally.
Quality Technician A:
This position will be responsible for high level tasks and projects delegated from Quality Manager or Supervisor.
Has all skills that Quality Technician B & C possesses
Necessary skills needed to complete this job
- Moderate to high level knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to lead and training Quality Technician B & C
- Moderate to high level experience with Customer and Supplier PPAPs
- Understands Continuous Improvement
- Understands Process Improvement
- Moderate to high level knowledge with ISIR’s and FAI
- Can conduct and lead GR&R’s as well as read corresponding data from a GR&R
CAPA: Corrective Action Preventative Action
CAR: Corrective Action Response/Report
RMA: Return Merchandise Authorization
RGA: Return Goods Authorization
ISIR: Initial Supplier Inspection Report
FAI: First Article Inspection
GR&R: Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility
GD&T: Geometrical Dimension & Tolerance