CNC Machinist - DIRECT HIRE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead CNC Machinist
(Not a true supervisory position)
2nd shift Mon - Thur (3pm - 1:30am OT as needed Fridays)
$24 - 29/hr + .75 shift premium
Set up, adjust and operate a variety of machine shop and metal fabrication equipment for use in diverse operations, including but not limited to: turning, milling, drilling, sawing, welding, grinding, etc.
- Set up machines for manual or automatic operation. Includes writing, editing and proving out of CNC programs.
- Write programs to produce prototypes and develop cycle time estimates.
- Involves single piece work to large production runs. May involve working to exacting tolerances.
- Involves selecting speeds, feeds, operational sequences, and tooling when not documented on set up sheets or otherwise prescribed.
- Follow up new or modified set ups with complete and accurate documentation on standard process sheets.
- Perform set ups for other operators, giving operator instructions and performing follow up in-process inspection to verify operator comprehension and quality compliance.
- Involves training of employees in techniques, methods and procedures for operation, set up and/or CNC programming of metal fabrication equipment
- Assist in diagnosis and corrective action in response to tooling or machine tool problems. May be required to construct specialized tooling, work-holding and positioning fixtures of limited complexity.
- Requires use of a variety of precision measuring devices.
- Work from blueprints and specifications.
- Responsible for obtaining first piece inspection.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining in-process part quality on jobs run by self.
- Perform to measured day rate standards.
- May be required to grind standard tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report unusual conditions to management.
- Use gages such as OD / ID Micrometers, Calipers, Drop Indicator, Pitch Micrometer, Thread Gage, Groove Caliper, Hard Gages, Comparator to measure machined components
- In supervisors absence, handles production priorities and job distribution in accordance with general direction from management or Production Control.
Quality Procedures pertaining to job:
- QP 4202 Document Control
- QP 6101 Training Procedure
- QP 6301 Tooling and Maintenance
- QP 7302 Engineering Change Notification (Change Control)
- QP 7501 Order Release and Operations
- QP 8204 Product Inspection and Manufacturing Performance Monitoring Process
- QP 8301 Nonconforming Material Process
- QP 8502 Corrective-Preventive Action Process
- WI 6302 Contingency Plans
- Requires five or more years of skilled trades training and experience in machine tool operations
- One to two years supervisory experience.
At SITE Staffing we value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have been awarded the “Five Star Invest in Vets” employer rating by the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber in recognition of our commitment to hiring, training, and retaining veterans, service members, and military spouses. We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, and we are the 2019 recipient of the BBB’s Torch Award for Ethics.
SITE Staffing, Inc
With over 25 years of experience, SITE Staffing, Inc. is the staffing agency of choice for Milwaukee and the surrounding area. Employees trust us because they know we will match them with real opportunities at great organizations. Whether you are looking for a temporary assignment or a permanent position, we are here to help you reach your employment goals. At SITE Staffing we value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have been awarded the “Five Star Invest in Vets” employer rating by the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber in recognition of our commitment to hiring, training, and retaining veterans, service members, and military spouses. We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, and we are the 2019 recipient of the BBB’s Torch Award for Ethics.
ManufacturingView all jobs at SITE Staffing, Inc