SIPS Consults is seeking an experienced Sterile Processing Consultant
The candidate must be a dedicated team leader, possess advanced written and oral communication skills. He/she will be part of a multidisciplinary team that provides advice to healthcare provider clients on matters, strategic planning, operations, organizational structure, managed care, quality, productivity, and other delivery/business systems and procedures.
- Performs data gathering from a variety of sources to address problems and answer questions relative to the engagement. Evaluates data for reliability, accuracy, and completeness. Interprets and synthesizes information reliably, thoroughly and accurately.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to enhance skills as a Consultant. Establishes relationships with other professionals in the health care industry through associations (e.g., AAMI, The Joint Commission and IAHCSMM) or other contacts.
- Works with all clients to generate avenues to produce Consulting Services program leads.
- Pursues leads by contacting customers, preparing proposals, and following up as required.
- Participates in the ongoing growth and development of the SIPS Consulting Services business.
- Recognizes and communicates opportunities to grow both revenue and profitability of the business in a sustainable fashion.
- Recognizes and communicates strategic alliances opportunities where necessary and appropriate, to expand and refine the business model.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Nursing or Healthcare Administration or 5 years of SPD management experience
- Ability to assess, identifies, and responds to urgent/emergent requests in an efficient, effective, and appropriate manner.
- Knowledgeable of and in compliance with all applicable infection control, health and safety policies and procedures as implemented by the department and/or work unit and the Medical Center.
- Familiar with Union Laws
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Asset management systems
- Travel 85 % of the year (Assignment locations: Various)
Certifications: BSPD / CRCST
Job Type: Full-time
Waterloo, IA and Lynchburg, VA