SIMEDHealth is currently looking for a Pharmacist Manager to join us in the Pharmacy of our Gainesville, FL office location. This is a fast paced environment and individuals must be able to multi-task and achieve deadlines while maintaining a positive, professional demeanor.
The Pharmacist Manager is a licensed professional responsible for the oversight of the daily operations of the SIMEDHealth Pharmacy. The Pharmacist will be responsible for all aspects of pharmacy operations including ordering, storage, and dispensing of medications. Pharmacist will work as a team member with physicians to provide appropriate medications to patients while maintaining independent decision making process related to the dispensing of medications to patients.
Qualified candidates must be polite, professional and demonstrate an appropriate telephone voice. Additionally, the AA must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, be highly organized and efficient, and detailed oriented.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A BS or PharmD degree from an accredited school of pharmacy REQUIRED
- Current Florida license REQUIRED
- At least two years experience in a retail setting REQUIRED
- Experience with Retail Pharmacy system an Electronic Prescriptions REQUIRED
- Supervisory experience PREFERRED
- Intergy or other EHR experience PREFERRED
- Adheres to all federal, state and local pharmacy regulations.
- Complies with SIMEDHealth policies as approved by the Board of Managers, and/or as outlined in the SIMEDHealth Employee Manual, SIMEDHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, and Safety, Service, Recovery and Training Manual.
- Responsible for compliance with suggestions for ongoing modifications, as needed, to the Pharmacy P&P.
- Monitors required licensure and/or certifications as required for all Pharmacy staff.
- Responsible for maintaining licensure for self and SIMEDHealth Pharmacy with all required government agencies.
- Maintains all Pharmacy contractual relationships with insurance companies and third party networks.
- Acts as an independent, licensed professional when making patient care decisions for SIMEDHealth Pharmacy.
- Responsible for communicating with prescribing physician regarding any questions or issues with prescriptions; and for notifying the prescribing physician if SIMEDHealth Pharmacy decides not to fill a prescription.
- Monitors prescribing and dispensing trends and evaluates for educational opportunities.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the pharmacy including daily workflow, maintaining appropriate par levels of supplies, prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Responsible for accurate ordering and dispensing of prescriptions and maintain the required documentation associated with ordering and dispensing.
- Instructs patients on medication and device usage including potential drug interactions.
- Reviews patient medication history for allergies and drug interactions.
- Responds as necessary to requests for patient counseling.
- Communicates with external customers such as patients, Dr’s offices, Ins. companies, and regulatory agencies.
- Monitors daily revenue and operational expenses.
- Hires, supervises and conducts performance evaluations on pharmacy technicians and staff.
- Complies with all HIPAA guidelines to protect patient privacy
- Will adhere to all current medical practices for patient safety with regards to dispensing and advising patients on medications.
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SIMEDHealth, please visit SIMEDHealth.com/jobs.