SIMEDHealth is currently looking for a part time entry level Accounts Receivable (A/R) Counselor to join us in our Gainesville, FL office location.
The A/R Counselor I is responsible for handling a variety of daily administrative support tasks such as but not limited to answering the phone, sending out insurance claims, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail. The A/R Counselor I must fulfill the duties of his/her position while remembering Customer Service and professionalism are key components of this position.
A qualified A/R Counselor 1 will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Proficiency in utilizing a computer, internet and word processing programs REQUIRED
- Electronic medical record software experience PREFERRED
- 1-2 years previous medical office experience PREFERRED
- Experience with Microsoft Office products PREFERRED
The following are duties which may be required of you as A/R Counselor I:
- Reviewing and mailing all paper claims.
- Correctly and efficiently inputs patient data such as demographics, charges, etc.
- In the Electronic Medical Record, is able to:
- View patient data, verify name/address/phone for data entry
- Document notes, conversations, etc., appropriately
- Task colleagues and respond to tasks effectively and appropriately
- Serving as a phone operator for all incoming calls to the department
- Understanding how to collect patient balances and completes receipts correctly
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Participating in all departmental meetings and contributes to the overall operations of the department
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SIMEDHealth, please visit SIMEDHealth.com/jobs.