Simulator Technician II
SIMCOM Aviation Training Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Position provides technical support services required to maintain flight simulators and other related training devices. Responsibilities include providing preventive and corrective hardware/software maintenance and fault diagnosis on training devices and related equipment. Regularly interfaces with customers, providing assistance in training device operation and resolving technical problems. Determine work flow for on duty Simulator Technician Level 1. Provide on the job training to the on duty Simulator Technician Level 1. While on duty, this position will be the main point of contact for informing scheduling about the status of the simulator.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Performs hardware and software analytical diagnosis and corrective maintenance on simulators and associated training media.
- Performs and/or installs configuration changes or other modifications of equipment under supervision.
- Execute diagnostics and applicable FAA QTG tests to assess and monitor simulator performance.
- Analyzes and repairs to either major assembly and/or required component level.
- Maintain communication with scheduling regarding the status of the simulators.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Responsibility for work and/or training of others:
Conduct “on the job” training for entry-level technical staff.
- Knowledge of aircraft operations applicable to simulation, avionics and aircraft systems and operation.
- Develop an understanding of applicable FAA regulations and applicable technical standards for flight simulators and other training devices.
- Knowledge of electronics and ability to apply hardware/software diagnostic skills in systematically isolating and resolving simulator technical problems.
- Develop technical capabilities in all aspects of simulator systems to include visual systems, hydraulics/motion/flight controls, I/O and computer systems.
- Develop the ability to assist customers in operation of simulators and instructor station operation.
- Fully competent in conducting simulator pre-flights and preparation of training devices for customer training.
2 Year Technical Degree in Electronics Technology or related field and/or related experience.
Completion of training program(s) on specialized training in a flight simulation related field
Completion of aircraft ground schools and assigned internal training program
4 to 6 years in providing technical support on flight simulators or related equipment
Physical environment/working conditions:
Work conditions include exposure to heavy machinery and computer/office environments. Physical environment will include working with hazardous materials such as hydraulic fluids and solvents. Additional requirements would include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., sitting, standing, bending, stooping, or working in an elevated condition.
Full flight simulators and other training devices manufactured by various companies. General operational knowledge of office equipment such as facsimile, copier, personal computer, etc.
We are committed to delivering training solutions that allow our customers to become safer, more proficient pilots.
What we do
SIMCOM provides pilot and maintenance training across a variety of general aviation, business, and commercial aircraft types. In addition to aircraft type specific training, SIMCOM also provides specialty courses including upset recovery, crew resource management, high altitude, and avionics. Training is conducted in three learning centers, two of which are located in Orlando, Florida and the third in Scottsdale Arizona.
SIMCOM Aviation TrainingWhy Work Here?
This unique opportunity will allow you to work closely and learn about different Simulators, Instructor Trainings and Aviation in general.
Our Promise We are committed to delivering training solutions that allow our customers to become safer, more proficient pilots. What we do SIMCOM provides pilot and maintenance training across a variety of general aviation, business, and commercial aircraft types. In addition to aircraft type specific training, SIMCOM also provides specialty courses including upset recovery, crew resource management, high altitude, and avionics. Training is conducted in three learning centers, two of which are located in Orlando, Florida and the third in Scottsdale Arizona.
6989 Lee Vista BoulevardOrlando, FL