- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Receive and ship equipment, parts, and supplies, ensuring all transactions are accurately documented. While also providing shipments to customers or subcontracted vendors or transferred to other SIMCO locations are adequately packaged to ensure safe transportation and arrival at the designated destination while also being responsible for performing pickup and delivery of electrical and other equipment to and from the company facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive company vehicles to conduct pickup and delivery of our customers’ equipment.
- Adequately load/pack the vehicles to ensure safe transportation and handling of all equipment.
- Review daily pickup and delivery paperwork to determine where the pickup and deliveries are to occur.
- Review and establish routes for pick up and deliveries.
- Maintain vehicles used by review of maintenance records and/or dates for vehicle maintenance for oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Communicate conversationally and in writing with coherent sentence structure to/with employees.
- Regularly interact with customers, and with Customer Service Representatives; interaction normally involves exchange of information.
- Professionally represent SIMCO Electronics and act as a liaison between customers and SIMCO Electronics.
- Organize and separate equipment for will call, cash on delivery, and shipment.
- Update the computer system with appropriate status of will call, cod, and shipped equipment.
- Process appropriate documentation to the accounting, purchasing, and customer service departments.
- Properly package all equipment, requiring shipment, for transportation to customers/vendors to ensure it arrives undamaged.
- Reject damaged goods or materials and correspondence with shipper to adjust damages or shortages.
- Participate in the assembling and shipping of outgoing merchandise or material.
- Print daily reports of outgoing shipments made on the FedEx and UPS systems.
- Receive in all materials (parts), subcontracted equipment, and customer equipment according to procedures, and distribute to the appropriate areas/employees.
- Initiate non-conformance documentation for damaged/incorrect materials (parts)/certification from vendor/subcontractor.
- Maintain well-organized files and records of transfers, UPS, FedEx, and airway bills shipped daily.
- Update the computer with the freight charges and airway bill numbers for customer shipments.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- “Clean” and satisfactory driving record.
- One plus year of experience as a Driver.
- Reasonable knowledge of the area/location routes, streets, highways, etc. and a good sense of direction.
- The employee will be required to lift up to 50 lbs unaided.
- Occasional standing and bending are required.
- Work primarily consists of driving and performing pick up and deliveries. There will be time spent in a laboratory or manufacturing environment at a SIMCO location and or customer sites.
- Travel is required. Drivers may drive from one SIMCO laboratory to another, which could take about 4 or more hours a day.
What We Offer
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Excellent benefits package includes; medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching, employee funded pre-tax health, child care spending accounts and tuition reimbursement
- Vacation, sick and paid holidays
SIMCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SIMCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SIMCO Electronics is the leading provider of calibration and software services for test and measurement instruments used in technology organizations. To learn more about SIMCO Electronics visit our home page: https://www.simco.com/
To all recruitment agencies: SIMCO Electronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, SIMCO Electronics employees or any other company location. SIMCO Electronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
TravelView all jobs at SIMCO Electronics