Job Title: General Engineer V
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Independently evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment. Performs project work through extensive knowledge of engineering practices and policies to devise new
approaches to resolve problems. Also operates with general instructions in an independent mode and receives guidance on special problems or when
Duties and Responsibilities – Job Specifications:
• Independently plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Analyzes complex features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline, or devises new approaches in problem solutions;
• Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented; and independently prepares (or directs others in the preparation of), computation/analyses, specifications, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise;
• Selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity; and reviews and evaluates the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
• Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates and reports test and evaluation of materiel, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new test capability or instrumentation systems.
• Performs fundamental research, feasibility, engineering design or development of tests.
• Performs independently on projects having the characteristics described above.
• Attends meetings and conferences that relate to assigned area of responsibility and assists in the isolation and resolution of controversial and novel issues regarding items being developed and tested.
• Informs Government personnel about matters covered during meetings and information provided and received.
• Assists in scheduling tests and coordinating support requirements with test scheduling office and supporting organizational elements.
• Observes or participates in the execution of assigned tests as required.
• Monitors performance of the test item and adequacy of data collection, and facilitates range, test course and laboratory safety.
• Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental and community concerns are adequately addressed.
• Reviews the data collected for completeness, accuracy and validity.
• Analyzes test data in terms of serviceability, cost conditions where the item will be developed, etc., and prepares final test report outlining problem areas revealed during the test and making recommendations and conclusions as to the suitability of the materiel being tested. Due to the uniqueness and complexity of materiel being tested, the incumbent is required to prepare intricate, detailed, and interpretative analysis of test results.
Education: Must possess a Master's Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and twenty years applicable experience; or a Doctorate Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable
• Experience in DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required. Must be familiar with DoD drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
• Must have five years of experience leading/supervising.
• Five (5) years of experience within the last ten years in any combination in the following areas:
o Developmental test (DT), operational test (OT), and evaluation methods for Army and Joint Service missile defense systems and programs to include but not limited to: radar technology, missile booster dynamics, kill vehicle functions, hypersonic vehicle dynamics, directed energy defense systems, command and control of missile defense systems, missile defense system interoperability, spaced based sensor platforms, missile defense system analysis, or missile defense system operational assessment.
o Experience is defined as activities to include T&E planning, test execution, data collection during test, evaluation of test or modeling data, and development of evaluation analysis plans and reports;
o Integrating Army and Joint Service system acquisition documentation in the development of DOD system acquisition products for T&E of BMDS systems and sub-systems. (Examples include BMDS Operational Assessment (OA) Report, BMDS Operational Assessment Plan (OAP), Data Management and Analysis Plan (DMAP), Evaluation Database (EDB), Evaluation Scenario Presentations, Evaluation Dendritic, Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E), Baseline Correlation Matrix (BCM), Data Source Matrix (DSM), BMDS OTA Scenario Quad Charts, BMDS OTA Traceability Matrix, OT&E chapter of the Integrated Master Test Plan (IMTP) Assessment Reports, Safety Releases, and Safety Confirmations).
o Application of modeling and simulation (M&S) as applied to the BMDS. Conduct accreditation assessment for all M&S used in Missile Defense Agency (MDA) tests by ensuring that the verification and validation (V&V) activities provide evidence to demonstrate that the M&S are representing the real world system and are suitable for operational performance assessments. Accreditation assessment activities include but are not limited to BMDS Federation of models, framework verification, threat implementation accreditation, core truth models, communication models, sensor models and weapon system models. Provide accreditation report of events and a comprehensive report of accreditation for each major incremental delivery of the BMDS.
o Conducting cybersecurity operational testing and monitoring developmental cyber testing. Report directly to DOT&E regarding testing outlined in DOT&E memo. Inform warfighter and services of cyber vulnerabilities, the degree to which those vulnerabilities could be exploited by an element, mission networks, and network defense capabilities to protect, detect, react, and restore against a cyber attack using representative threat models and vectors. Produce cybersecurity assessment reports linked to each test event.
o Oral and written communication such as briefings, writing technical papers, etc. for BMDS.
Top Secret with SCI eligibility
SIM&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected class.
Why Work Here?SIM&S is a professional services company specializing in information technology and telecommunications solutions for government and commercial clients. We are a solution focused company delivering a broad range of innovative, customized services, including consulting, systems engineering, integration, and training. SIM&S has more than 26 years of experience providing IT services to DoD and government agencies. SIM&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected class.
Our most valuable resource is our people. We encourage exceptional performance and reward performers through our bonus program.