Job Title: Administrative Assistant III
Job Location: Reno, Nevada
The services to be performed will assist the Bureau of Land Management in day to day administrative and technical services and records management.
Duties and Responsibilities – Job Specifications:
Directly support IT Program Manager or IT Project Managers by maintaining personnel and other files; preparing correspondence; maintaining schedules; and coordinating travel. Supports the development of contract deliverables and reports by developing and updating presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents
The work to be performed under this contract:
1. Assist employees statewide with all requests via walk-in, telephone or email request. (To include but not limited to, files to be delivered in person on-site within NVSO and via FedEx for off-site locations.)
2. Ship and retrieve official records from Federal Records Center (FRC) and National Archives Records Administration (NARA).
3. Work with / assist the State Records Administrator and staff with the inventory of records to be shipped according to records disposition.
4. Create, barcode, file, and track case files at the Nevada State Office location using automated file tracking systems. (Provide remote assistance to the District Offices throughout the state for these functions when questions about the systems arise.)
5. Provides on-the-job training and user assistance to Information Access Center (IAC) employees and members of the public, in accessing and retrieving land and mineral records including the Bureau's LR2000, land status patent records and case file information residing on automated systems (Case Recordation, Mining Claim Recordation System, Mining Claim Imaging System, etc.)
6. Responsible for the creation, maintenance, retrieving, and proper handling of official records, approximately 50,000 serialized Land and Mineral case files and 200,000 mining files.
7. Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
8. Interacts with BLM staff, management, customers (internal and external), and others.
Experience using automated tools such as word processing and presentation packages for the deliverable documents. Three (3) years of office experience and/or related education and training. Ability to use Word Processing software applications and general PC operations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to safely bend, lift and carry items that weigh up to approximately 50 pounds of weight on less than a weekly basis.
• Ability to research, interpret and implement bureau policies and procedures.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with specific DOI and BLM software is highly desirable (LR2000, TABFusion, SNAM, CBS, OnBase)
• Type 55 words per minute without errors.
Education: AA/AS in Office Administration or Two-Year Degree in Business or Accounting
Clearance Level: Ability to pass background check to work in government environment.
SIM&S is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on basis of disability.
SIM&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected class.