Directly responsible for the resource management of 32 facilities, totaling over 216,000 square feet of floor space. Oversee and direct obligation of annual Facility Management budget. Supervise/direct combination of SIHF Healthcare staff and contractors that perform a variety of services to maintain these facilities to include: janitorial, maintenance, construction/renovation, pest control, security guard, grounds-keeping, snow/ice removal, hazardous and regular waste removal, fire/security alarm monitoring, key control/locksmith, document shredding, and equipment/furniture moving services. Manage the Foundation’s Environment of Care Program, encompassing the following subordinate programs: Safety, Security, Emergency Management, Natural Disaster Response, Utility Services Management, Medical Equipment Management, Hazard Communication Plan, and Facility Management. Serve as the primary Purchasing Agent for facility-related equipment/appliances. Perform duties as lead Contracting Agent on majority of facility-related service agreements. Responsible for courier mail/package delivery service to SIHF Healthcare sites. Primary point of contact for facility lease management and real estate acquisition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise employees, including but not limited to maintenance technician(s), delivery courier(s), and operational supervision of assistant program manager. Duties include but are not limited to task assignment, periodic performance feedback, annual performance review, time/attendance validation, behavior motivation/correction, and career development.
2. Manage maintenance support system for 32 facilities; including help desk, automated work order assignment and tracking system, and direct support through maintenance staff and contractors/vendors. Also serve as SIHF Healthcare single point of contact for all facility renovation/construction projects.
3. Responsible for development, maintenance, implementation, and enforcement of SIHF Healthcare Environment of Care Program. Evaluate effectiveness of the plans/procedures and report results through Risk Management / Quality Assurance & Improvement committees, senior management, and the Board of Directors.
4. Act as Lead Contracting Agent for facility-related service agreements. Involves solicitation of customer work requirements, establishing standards of performance, creating proper documentation for procurement of services, soliciting competition among contractors, negotiating terms and pricing, contract development, and enforcement/service tracking methods.
5. Serve as Primary Purchase Agent for facility-related equipment/appliances. Requires market research, coordination with site customers on requirements/needs and delivery logistics, and implementation of SIHF Healthcare procurement procedures.
6. Develop and coordinate for approval annual financial budget to maintain all SIHF Healthcare facilities. Budget includes all real estate expenses, facility capital investment projects, contract services, equipment, transportation costs, and administrative overhead for the department.
7. Oversee courier delivery system to SIHF Healthcare sites. Routes include time sensitive coordination of delivery/pickup of internal and outbound mail, packages, encounter money pouches, and sensitive records. Function involves frequent coordination with senior management, site managers, and courier.
8. Serve as SIHF Healthcare Safety and Security Officer. Implement and enforce policies/procedures of both programs to include facility-related and many aspects of operational safety/security. Duties include training of employees, conducting drills, investigation/resolution of incidents, and inspections/reporting.
9. Oversee janitorial/housekeeping services at all SIHF Healthcare facilities, involving creation of cleaning criteria, inspections, coordination with site managers and contractors or landlords, enforcement of standards, and problem resolution.
10. In charge of real estate management. Negotiate lease terms with landlords. Review new lease agreement drafts for impact on facility management services, price, terms, and renewal options. Ensure existing leases are tracked for compliance and timely renewal. Serve on SIHF Healthcare real estate procurement team to acquire new facilities. Function as landlord representative at sites where SIHF Healthcare leases space to outside entities; negotiating, drafting, and enforcing lease terms.
11. Direct Medical Equipment Management Program. Work in conjunction with SIHF Healthcare Purchasing Department to ensure proper procurement, delivery, proper use/operation, maintenance/repair (including lock out/tag out procedures), inventory, and disposal of all medical and support-related equipment.
12. Ensure proper implementation of SIHF Healthcare Hazard Communication Plan. Includes creation/procurement of materials, training, inspection, enforcement of many requirements to include material safety data sheets, labeling of hazardous material containers, inventory of such materials, and proper disbursement/disposal.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate skillfully/tactfully both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences (various levels of employment/management—both internal to SIHF Healthcare and external)
2. Knowledge of and ability to apply Environment of Care policies/procedures that are standard to the facility management industry.
3. Ability to supervise employees and contractors effectively, foster teamwork, track task completion, confront/resolve work behavior problems, and motivate team members to accomplish desired results.
4. Ability to initiate, develop, and implement programs, polices, and improvements consistent with current and expected standards.
5. Capable of training several employees at once through both lecture and hands-on training methods.
6. Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics.
7. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously as well as prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
8. Must be proficient at delivering excellent customer service under a variety of challenges, range of customer personalities, and high pressure situations.
9. Ability to maintain a good level of physical fitness to accommodate extended periods of walking, moving, bending, kneeling, and some occasional lifting of weights up to 50 lbs to accommodate work related site visits and inspections.
10. Proficient ability to problem solve through investigation, documentation, root-cause analysis, and solution formulation/implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in a business, facility management, or health care related field from an accredited college or university is required. At least 1 year of supervisory and facility management or project management experience is required (2 – 5 years preferred). Minimum of 5 years hospital experience and have experience with ambulatory (clinic) facilities. Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) would be a plus. Experience working in areas with substandard infrastructure is a plus.