IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will be responsible for supporting local users in Springfield, VA as well as remote employees at multiple sites.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
· First and second level technical support of hardware and software for local and remote users as well as the data center.
· End-user training to meet the daily operating needs of the company.
· Install and maintain computers, printers, desktop and mobile phones.
· Assistance to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot servers and communications systems.
· Escalate to the next level support and coordinate with vendors if necessary.
· Record all IT activity accurately in the service management system.
· Maintain accurate IT inventory both in the Configuration Management Database and in the stock and work areas.
· Provide support and advice in solving operational problems that can involve hardware, software, servers, databases, telecommunications, networks and specific tools or applications.
· Support the implementation of new systems and technology.
· Interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to maintain positive relationships and work collaboratively with others, including cross-functional staff.
· Organizational skills to collect, record, organize and prioritize tasks
· Strong troubleshooting and diagnosis skills; ability to use Root Cause analysis techniques to trace problems to their source and find solutions.
· Ability to manage small projects and coordinate activities connected to larger projects.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, Office 365 applications suite.
· Advanced knowledge of personal computers (Dell and Apple), Local Area and Wireless network, Virtual Private Network, telecommunications systems to include VoIP, voice mail and cell phones.
· Knowledge of virtualization platforms VMware and Hyper-V
· Knowledge of backup and Recovery solutions such as Veeam
· Knowledge of physical network operations, patch panels, network switches
· Cisco Call Manager and network administration, ip networking, vlans, firewalls
· Secondary education and computer certification and/or specialized vocational training required.
· ITIL foundation certification required
· Minimum 5 years of experience in IT operations and support required.
Respectful entrepreneurship and a long-term vision are key for success
Our people contribute to a more secure world
Diversity at all levels of an organization is a strength
8000 Research WaySpringfield, VA
Get fresh IT User Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.