Strategic Application Engineer I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This position is based in our new, SICK US facility located near Mall of America. The ideal candidate will work in our new facility Monday through Friday. (*This is not a remote or hybrid position.)
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting Strategic Product Management (SPM) with coordination of customized product requests, product life-cycle support activates, and advanced applications engineering for key customer opportunities that require technical assistance and/or proof-of-concept.
- Evaluate and manage requests for product customization including leading communications with Sales, Engineering, and Production
- Support SPM to improve processes around customization, support, product launches, etc.
- Assist in the creation, review, and submittal of customer documentation including data sheets and installation instructions
- Provide in-depth technical support on selected product lines coordinated with SICK AG support organization.
- Support SPM with competitive analysis including comparison of technical attributes, features, performance, and commercial elements.
- Support SPM with identifying and analyzing technology trends/developments and customer industry needs.
- Translate market and customer requirements into new product ideas that can be applied to future product lines
- Assist in Industry 4.0 enablement proof-of-concept activities.
- Provide Tier 3 level and post-production technical support inclusive of customer, sales, marketing, and other support needs.
- Document business cases to justify new customized product developments
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Participate actively in Industry Associations.
- Support in customer training effort when necessary
- Embrace the SICK culture via the SICK Way.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (emphasis in, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering) preferred or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in application engineering or product management, preferably with products used in factory automation.
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK products.
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division.
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to approach ambiguity with creativity.
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Must be Legally permitted to work in the United States and not requiring sponsorship.
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships.
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK’s benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
TechnologyView all jobs at SICK, Inc.
Get fresh Facilities Engineering Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.