Strategic Account Manager - Process Automation
- Posted: over a month ago
***This is a remote, field based position. The ideal candidate will work from their home office. Have access to a major metropolitan airport and conduct business travel on a regular basis.
ABOUT SICK, INC.:
SICK, INC. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK, INC. provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK, INC. has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable SICK, INC. sales and market share within assigned strategic accounts, and to assemble cross functional sales teams and lead them in team selling pursuits of major projects, with a passion and drive for success within the Process Industries. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on influencing project scope, driving solutions specifications, and discovering all potential opportunities for SICK solutions in assigned project pursuits.
- Lead one or more Strategic Key Accounts in the USA and/or Canada.
- Own the SICK relationship at assigned key Engineering Contractors and/or Systems Integrators in the USA and/or Canada.
- Own assigned major projects pursuits through the entire project life cycle (Feasibility, Pre-FEED, FEED, FID); assembling cross functional teams with required competencies at each project stage to drive the SICK sales strategy.
- Be the trusted solution partner to our customers. Introduce and sell SICK, INC. solutions and Lifetime Services to both existing and new account prospects to achieve established goals and grow market share through solution selling.
- Use and accurately maintain the company’s CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure teamwork, collaboration, and global transparency towards providing an amazing customer experience.
- Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, production applications, and technical language utilized in their industry.
- Use consultative sales techniques and solutions that are differentiated to improve customer production quality control and production efficiency, based on SICK, INC. Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications.
- Provide an amazing customer experience and accurately managing customer communications and SICK, INC. customer relationship with named accounts.
- Identify and qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors, and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Be responsible for new leads and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications through continued product, industry, and client research.
- Introduce SICK, INC. new products, solutions, systems, and Lifetime Services with a sense of urgency and entrepreneurialism.
- Provide leadership and coaching to a project sales team comprising sales colleagues, specialists, national product managers, and other colleagues, as appropriate, to maximize our share of wallet.
- Develop strategic account plans for target customers and opportunities. Establish KPIs for the project pursuit team performance, provide reporting on these KPIs.
- Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge, and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews, with Supervisor.
- Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
- Participate in trade shows, prepare, and give marketing/sales presentations to technical societies, etc.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward process industry solutions.
- Demonstrated success in sales of complex, high technology industrial control products and solutions with long sales cycles (9 months – 2 years) to one or more process industries (Oil & Gas, Refining, Chemical/Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper, Cement, Power Generation) through direct sales in a team selling environment, where candidate was sales team leader.
- Knowledge of Clean Energy and Clean Combustion applications a plus (LNG, CCUS, Hydrogen, Fugitive Methane Emissions).
- Ability to travel domestically or globally up to four days a week (50-75% travel).
- Requires a high degree of direct sales management skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct and indirect sales channels.
- Able to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies.
- Requires fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with a global mindset.
- Able to work as a team to solve problems and create strategic plans through shared knowledge.
- Must be flexible, resilient, and open to change.
- Self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Must have general knowledge of software applications and technologies within automation.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK’s benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we’re the place for you! SICK, INC. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at SICK, Inc.