Software Engineer II - Machine Vision (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK’s benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
This position has primary responsibility for hands-on design and support of SICK products through the entire product lifecycle. Work with a multi-national, cross-functional team to design, develop, and test new product offerings and enhance performance of existing production lines.
- Design, specify, and implement algorithms, machine learning schemes, and machine vision systems for object detection, inspection, automation, classification, tracking and prediction using SICK 2D and 3D cameras, scanners, programmable devices, etc.
- Employ emerging technologies including deep learning to enhance the performance and capability of machine vision systems.
- Consult with internal business partners and assess potential applications to identify high-value opportunities for machine vision technology integration.
- Responsible to keep current with new hardware technology and programming languages.
- Leverage existing hardware and software technology into designs of new products and solutions.
- Develop and execute projects while adhering to all relevant SICK product development processes covering design control, quality, and company standards and regulations and national and international regulatory body requirements.
- Support the entire software product lifecycle including change management, product support, major and minor releases, and phase out.
- Work with internal and external resources to ensure all project technical, cost, and schedule requirements are met.
- Author documents, reports, correspondence, and other technical content.
- Plan, develop, and execute tests to verify the operation, reliability, and performance of software to guarantee product quality is incorporated into the design.
- Participate in reviews with peers and internal project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure new and innovative products and solutions are available to SICK customers.
- Contribute to project teams involving cross-functional participants.
- Use proof of concepts, prototypes, and MVPs to test, refine, verify, and validate new ideas.
- Develop a working knowledge of current SICK products, new development products, and engineering design processes.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Carry out other job relevant duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
- Work independently on assigned projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent experience in related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience developing and deploying Machine Vision systems.
- Knowledge of image processing and computer vision algorithms using MATLAB, Halcon, OpenCV, PCL.
- Experience with delivering AI algorithms and putting them into production.
- Prior experience with developing Deep Learning models and algorithms.
- Design and development experience with C++ 11/14/17 or Python.
- Strong problem solving, algorithm development, analytical, design, and debugging skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical issues and provide alternate solutions to resolve issues.
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of developers, managers, and business representatives.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel requirements (international and domestic): 5%.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
- Familiarity with software version control tools like Git or SVN, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing Design Patterns, understanding of data structures, and implementing algorithms.
- Good understanding of security concerns/threats and implementing security best practices.
- Knowledge of Agile software development (Scrum) and testing methodologies.
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical production environment.
Ethics and Integrity, Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountability, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
TechnologyView all jobs at SICK, Inc.