Industrial Automation Technician I
SICK, Inc. Newalla, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position has primary responsibility to support the various SICK Services and Products throughout North America.
- Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Support various Services Organization programs.
- Build support structures and populate with SICK equipment. Requires the use of hand tools and basic construction knowledge.
- Make electrical connections of SICK equipment.
- Configure SICK products utilizing laptop and configuration software.
- Provide onsite commissioning of installed equipment following established criteria.
- Perform onsite start up support, monitor installed equipment for proper operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Must be able to properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace SICK equipment.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Provide accurate and timely service reports, time cards, and travel expenses.
- Attend required training sessions as assigned
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required
Education and Experience:
- Two-year college degree, technical school or equivalent work experience required. Four year college degree is preferred.
- 0 – 3 years of prior field service experience
- This is a travel position and will require domestic and international travel upwards of 85% of time.
- Availability to work alternative schedules including weekends, nights, and on-call hours is required.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
POSITION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Successfully attend and complete logistics automation initial product boot camp training class.
- Successfully attend and complete all assigned SICK training (LMS, SIA-Online, On-the-job, etc.)
- Successfully Install, static test, and commission a minimum of as least two single line fixed depth of field scanner.
- Successfully Install, static test, and commission a minimum of at least two single line auto-focus scanner.
- Successfully Install, static test, and commission a minimum of at least two CDM module CLV based master/slave scanner system.
- Technical Learning – Working knowledge of SOPAS and CLV Setup engineering software. Demonstrate ability to write simple evaluation conditions and output format expressions. Receive on the job training from senior technicians. Complete assigned core positional tasks and obtain site lead qualification book endorsements. Completed assigned Cornerstone SICK U or Mosaic site training classes.
- Ability to read basic CAD designs, blue prints, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Demonstrate ability to complete and meet the Administrative job requirements, (Expense reports, daily reports, PMI’s, etc) and others tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to assemble scanner system 80/20 frames.
- Ability to work in a team environment with senior technicians.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
TechnologyView all jobs at SICK, Inc.