- Posted: over a month ago
***This is a remote, field based sales position. The ideal candidate can be located in or near Boston, Massachusetts. They will work out of their home office and cover a sales territory that covers MA, RI,VT and NH.
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position is an opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Professional. You will be responsible for using a consultative sales approach to drive direct SICK sales and market share at OEMs and strategic end users within the industrial automation industry. This sales professional will engage in solution selling and complex technical sales with a focus on products, services, and systems.
- Be the trusted technical advisor to our customers. Introduce and sell SICK Automation Solutions and Lifetime Services to both existing and new account prospects to achieve established goals and grow market share through solution selling.
- Use and accurately maintain the company’s CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure teamwork, collaboration, and global transparency towards providing an amazing customer experience.
- Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, production applications, and technical language utilized in their industry.
- Use consultative sales techniques and solutions that are differentiated to improve customer production quality control and production efficiency, based on SICK Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications.
- Provide an amazing customer experience and accurately manage customer communications and SICK customer relationship with named accounts.
- Identify and qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors, and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Prepare and deliver technical sales presentations to automation customers.
- Be responsible for new leads and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications through continued product, industry, and client research.
- Introduce SICK new products, solutions, systems, and Lifetime Services with a sense of urgency, passion and entrepreneurialism.
- Leverage a Sales Support Team comprising sales colleagues, specialists, national product managers, and other colleagues, as appropriate, to maximize our share of wallet.
- Develop strategic account plans for target customers and opportunities.
- Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge, and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews with Supervisor.
- Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Prior sales experience involving sales of complex, high technology industrial automation solutions and sensor products through direct sales (*this includes Products, Systems and Services).
- Four-year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward technical sales.
- Prior technical industry experience outside of sales is also preferred.
- Comfortable with direct sales.
- Able to travel regionally up to four days a week.
- High degree of direct sales management skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct and indirect sales channels.
- Able to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies.
- Fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a global mindset.
- Able to work and collaborate with a team to solve problems and create strategic plans through shared knowledge.
- Must be passionate, flexible, resilient, and open to change.
- A self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Possess general knowledge of software applications and technologies within automation.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK’s benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
BusinessView all jobs at SICK, Inc.